Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Was able to try a new set of string and cables I recently made on an Aculeus yesterday. With the bow set up exactly the same ATA and timing as before, with the new string and cables it shot great but at 60 yards I had to turn my speed dial up to 57 yards as it was high. I did not have time to set up the chronograph yesterday but for some reason the Mercury string was shooting faster than the original factory string.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
How do you turn a speed dial up to 57 yards? You lost me on that one. My speed dials all have speed settings on them, not yardages.

·
Registered
400 Posts
On my HHA dial the tape reads in yardage. You sight in first at twenty yards then go out to sixty and adjust the dial only for the correct elevation. Then you take the number you ended up at on the calibration tape and use the appropriate yardage tape which has markings for the various yardage distance. My bow was calibrated with the original string and I had the yardage tape on there that matched my trajectory. However after putting on the new string and cables I made from the Mercury string to hit at the correct elevation at 60 yards I had to readjust my yardage reading for 3 less yards.
That means the arrow is traveling faster. I'm not going to worry about it as I will be doing my final sighting in with broadheads shortly and will get it fine tuned then. Maybe I should have said I turned it back to 57 yards. I plan on setting up the chronograh just for the nuts of it to see what the actual difference in velocity is.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Robert after I just wrote all that it hit me that you must be referring to the speed dial on the scope set to fps. I was talking about a different speed dial.:confused: This happens all the time at home with my wife, it must be me!:rolleyes:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts