Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in possibly getting a aculues. Wondering what the speeds are on the 175 model with a 400 grain arrow. Looking for a trouble free bow anything I should know before I order?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Before the newer cams the Aculeus was rated at 460fps with a 400 grain arrow. With the newer cams they rate then at 480 with a 370 grain arrow. I'm not sure that you would see 460. They just don't all shoot that fast and it all depends on the chronograph used. I was getting 450 out of mine out of the box. So I would have to guess you should get 450 out of it give or take.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
My Aculeus is a 180 with the new cams. Shot a 400GRN arrow at 466FPS
Now,put a 370 grainer in it and post up the picture!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you want a trouble free bow the aceleus is a great choice

But you should do two things,

1st ask scorpyd to give you the hotest limbs they have then detune the bow a bit

This will give your limbs more life

Second maintain the bow properly,

I got one in the other day that looked like it had been stored in the bed of a truck.

Limbs, cams, string & cables, string dampeners, limb pucks and a trigger job took care of the problem

So slow it down just a bit, clean and lube, change the string and cables every two years and wax the kevlar center serving every 10 shots and it will be trouble free

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
How much can you actually let the bow out with the factory string and cables? I don't think it would be all that much. So how much would it actually do for the limbs anyway? Yeah you can buy longer cables but is it really worth it after spending the money on a new crossbow with a solid warranty?

·
Registered
230 Posts
How much can you actually let the bow out with the factory string and cables? I don't think it would be all that much. So how much would it actually do for the limbs anyway? Yeah you can buy longer cables but is it really worth it after spending the money on a new crossbow with a solid warranty?
IMHO the warranty has nothing to do with tuning the bow for the best performance.

Scorpyd bows are set at about 80% of what they are capable of. Taking one to 70 or even 75% of its capability would exponentially increase the bows life

Heavy arrows increases the bows efficiency, heavy arrows quiet the bow, heavy FOC arrows hit harder, are more efficient and accurate.

I got a call two days ago, a customer was prepping his aceleus for this coming saturdays opener and a limb folded in

He has a fantastic warranty and I will jump through hoops to turn the bow around

But the warranty, no matter how good can't give him the opening day back, but a slightly detuned bow may have

Speed is an illusion of all that is good but that's not the truth, speed should be the last thing considered

Accuracy, durability and ease of tuning should be paramount

1 - 20 of 37 Posts