1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations Mizzo,
That is one heck of a bow.
Best of luck with this upcoming season.
Thanks. Good luck to you as well. I already had a tenpoint siege rs 410 but living in NY that now is not legal to hunt with. There are not a ton of crossbows anymore that fit NY criteria. I found this place and thjnk I’ll stick around for a while. New to crossbows but not archery. Can no longer pull a bow and hold it so had to find something. I love guns but would rather silently send an arrow and broadhead.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should put in here that I’ll be trying the ventilator xl first which flies well out of my siege 410. I will also be trying out the tooth of the arrow xl. Both in 100 grain. I also purchased the sharpeners from stay sharp for both heads. Practiced sharpening today and now that I know how to properly do it I’m amazed at how sharp I can do it home. The 344 for the annihilator really makes a difference and man once you get to the polishing it’s addicting and fun to do. The mirror finish u get after a lot of light pressure swipes is insane.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Cannot speak highly enough regarding my Scorpyd Aculeus with only 110 lb. limbs. Shooting 425 gr. arrows at 350 - 352 fps. 117 ft. lbs of KE.
Have had it for (2) years....killed 4 deer with 4 shots....all dropped within 35 yards of impact with QAD Exodus heads.
Very high build quality....tuned accuracy will equal or exceed any crossbow on the market today....no press needed to change/adjust cables or string.
Hope you will be as happy as I have been with the Aculeus! (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to see a bunch of positive views. My only thing so far is they’re not too fast to return emails. But I figure hunting season and all so I’ll give them a pass for now. They did throw in a free tripod bracket. What aftermarket strings and cables do u guys recommend?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Glad to see a bunch of positive views. My only thing so far is they’re not too fast to return emails. But I figure hunting season and all so I’ll give them a pass for now. They did throw in a free tripod bracket. What aftermarket strings and cables do u guys recommend?
Scorpyd bows come from the factory equipped with custom, aftermarket string/cables built by Rogue. Might want to google "Rogue" and read about them. I have found them to be top notch.

I can also highly recommend the custom-built arrows sold by Scorpyd on their website. They are the 21" arrows for $99 per 1/2 dozen. Yep, that's pricey but they are the most accurate arrows I have ever shot. Every bit the equal (and perhaps better), than TAPPS sold by South Shore Archery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I prefer it over the tenpoint. The rest of my family (wife and two sons 12/15) prefer the tenpoint. only thing I like more about the tenpoint is the accuslide. They’re both as accurate as we can shoot right now. The tenpoint fits their frame better, it’s too small for me I feel like I have to scrunch up to shoot it, I have the two extensions in the stock and still so tight. The trigger on the scorpyd is really nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scorpyd bows come from the factory equipped with custom, aftermarket string/cables built by Rogue. Might want to google "Rogue" and read about them. I have found them to be top notch.

I can also highly recommend the custom-built arrows sold by Scorpyd on their website. They are the 21" arrows for $99 per 1/2 dozen. Yep, that's pricey but they are the most accurate arrows I have ever shot. Every bit the equal (and perhaps better), than TAPPS sold by South Shore Archery.
When I get new arrows I wanted to get something a little heavier that can handle 125-150 grain heads. I think they said the arrows that came with the package were 425 with a 100 grain head. I used to get my vertical bow arrows from jerry before I started building my own and boy he does a great job. I’ve heard of rogue from my little bit of research while looking at scorpyd. I am impressed with the accuracy of this thing already. Is Jerry still there I remember back in the day he was talking about selling.

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
When I get new arrows I wanted to get something a little heavier that can handle 125-150 grain heads. I think they said the arrows that came with the package were 425 with a 100 grain head. I used to get my vertical bow arrows from jerry before I started building my own and boy he does a great job. I’ve heard of rogue from my little bit of research while looking at scorpyd. I am impressed with the accuracy of this thing already. Is Jerry still there I remember back in the day he was talking about selling.
Jerry is still on here. He offers strings also.

JerryR is his handle here. Hit him up.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used Archeryshack (I belive his name was Jeremy) for my sons bow and Fury X Archery I believe his name is Wes VanHorn. They were both great. Actually I bought a bow from Fury X which he tuned with a rest and a matching hand made rest cord to match the bow strings. It’s like ten years old almost maybe ha time goes fast. Expedition Archery Expedite I think it was the first year expedition was in business. Still looks great and she’s still in time! I bet she’s close to what’s out now. Only shot it for a year then got super busy then got hurt and moved onto guns which is cool but too noisy so now I’m here, crossbows.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I used Archeryshack (I belive his name was Jeremy) for my sons bow and Fury X Archery I believe his name is Wes VanHorn. They were both great. Actually I bought a bow from Fury X which he tuned with a rest and a matching hand made rest cord to match the bow strings. It’s like ten years old almost maybe ha time goes fast. Expedition Archery Expedite I think it was the first year expedition was in business. Still looks great and she’s still in time! I bet she’s close to what’s out now. Only shot it for a year then got super busy then got hurt and moved onto guns which is cool but too noisy so now I’m here, crossbows.
I bought my Expedition from Wes along with his strings.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Cannot speak highly enough regarding my Scorpyd Aculeus with only 110 lb. limbs. Shooting 425 gr. arrows at 350 - 352 fps. 117 ft. lbs of KE.
Have had it for (2) years....killed 4 deer with 4 shots....all dropped within 35 yards of impact with QAD Exodus heads.
Very high build quality....tuned accuracy will equal or exceed any crossbow on the market today....no press needed to change/adjust cables or string.
Hope you will be as happy as I have been with the Aculeus! (y)
110’s are way overlooked. Same goes for the 135

1 - 20 of 22 Posts