Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Thanks JMann, now you're playing my other tune. (also shoot a Vortex). Currently shooting the 150 Terminator. Has been a very reliable bow. Only one problem: a string blew up, not the one that came with the bow but an aftermarket string from Cabela's. Let go on the 5th shot; sounded like a rifle went off. No damage except a broken cable slide. Parker had a replacement to me in 2 days. That's service! Cabela's sent me a replacement string but that experience, and the fact that servings failed after only 40 shots, kind of soured me on machine made strings. Actually it was a blessing, got me making my own strings and cables. Getting much better wear on the servings now.
Started with a 3 dot red dot sight. Upgraded to LumiZone after I put one on the Vortex. Great scope. 5 aim points adjustable for speed. On demand lighted reticule, good clear image. Using Beman Thunderbolts and 100 gr Slick Tricks.
Same broadhead has been through two deer so far.
The Parker Cyclone, which is supposed new for 2008, has my attention. If it's trigger is as good as the terminator's should be a great bow. Plan on giving it a try when it hits our store.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts