Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a truglo 4x32 cross bow scope that I just mounted on my barnett ghost 360. Left to right it's dead on but my shots are consistently high at 20 yards. I've maxed out my crosshairs and still high. Any ideas how to get my point of impact to drop a couple inches?

Thanks!
IMG_7908.jpg

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You need to raise the objective by shimming either under the front scope base or between the scope and the front ring. A piece cut from a soda can works well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to raise the objective by shimming either under the front scope base or between the scope and the front ring. A piece cut from a soda can works well.
Okay. I think I’ll try that. Would lower profile scope rings help too?

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Sounds to me that if it's hitting high then you'd need to shim under the back part of the scope?!?

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Hey Duke.....keep shooting groups like that and youre gonna be buying more arrows soon.;)

Reactions: Duke Larsen

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Sounds to me that if it's hitting high then you'd need to shim under the back part of the scope?!?
Nope the front ring needs shimming. I recently had the same problem and put Burris rings on with a +10 in the front and a -10 in the back to get leveled out correctly.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Yep....you guys are right. What am I thinking!! HA!:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope the front ring needs shimming. I recently had the same problem and put Burris rings on with a +10 in the front and a -10 in the back to get leveled out correctly.
Yeah, I did do the soda can strip trick. And it did bring my shot down. Took some trial and error. Problem is I'm solely relying on that because the elevation does not adjust on the scope now. I think I stripped it when I was trying to max out the height of the crosshairs with a pair of pliers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you done that before? I just tried it and it did work. Took a little trial and error but I was shooting lower and more where I needed to be. I was just curious if you tried it and did the aluminum move around at all over time that would cause it to be off again? I had it tightened down pretty good.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I've got a truglo 4x32 cross bow scope that I just mounted on my barnett ghost 360. Left to right it's dead on but my shots are consistently high at 20 yards. I've maxed out my crosshairs and still high. Any ideas how to get my point of impact to drop a couple inches?

Thanks! View attachment 184326
Some crossbows have a jack screw underneath the scope mounting plate just for this purpose.The jack screw allows one to adjust the scope base in case the elevation turret runs to a stop. FOYI
If not then shim or change scope rings. You can almost move your scope forward or backward for this but most important to have right eye relief.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts