Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm to hunt zone B2 trinity national forest for deer and black bear. Any advice as to what area to hunt will help me a lot planning this hunt. Thank you in advance for your input.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Welcome, no clue where that is but I'm sure someone will chime in soon.
Enjoy the forums!

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Eastern portion. Eagle creek,coffee creek,swift creek areas. These used to be great areas to hunt but that was 35 years ago.

·
242 Posts
My experience hunting B2 in the Trinity Alps has been tough for deer. They seem to get hunted a lot and there are few bucks. However, there seems to be a lot of bears just about everywhere in the wilderness area. I like Swift Cr. or Coffee Cr. areas, more for the scenery than the hunting. Of course, with over 500,000 acres in the wilderness area to play around with, it's hard to nail down a specific spot. I have been able to predator call for bears (I use a fawn bleat call) there. Its a tough way to hunt but without bait or dogs, you've got to get creative. I haven't shot a bear there but have successfully called one in until he caught my scent. I would call it tough hunting if you're backpacking in but the experience of a wilderness hunt is worth the work, with or without a shot at game. Enjoy the adventure!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My experience hunting B2 in the Trinity Alps has been tough for deer. They seem to get hunted a lot and there are few bucks. However, there seems to be a lot of bears just about everywhere in the wilderness area. I like Swift Cr. or Coffee Cr. areas, more for the scenery than the hunting. Of course, with over 500,000 acres in the wilderness area to play around with, it's hard to nail down a specific spot. I have been able to predator call for bears (I use a fawn bleat call) there. Its a tough way to hunt but without bait or dogs, you've got to get creative. I haven't shot a bear there but have successfully called one in until he caught my scent. I would call it tough hunting if you're backpacking in but the experience of a wilderness hunt is worth the work, with or without a shot at game. Enjoy the adventure!
Thank you for the advice, I'm after deer and bear is second place. So what you told me about the deer been hard hunted will help a lot, we are going to be hunting on the rifle season too, hope that will give us a better chance at deer at long distance.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Welcome to the boards and good luck.;):)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts