Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robby from Texas here...
I have a tac 15 and a horton fury. My wife and daughter use the fury so I need a new lightweight crossbow. The tac 15 is too heavy for me to shoot free hand. Looking at scorpyd, ten point and ravin R26 or 29. I would prefer a rope cocker and not a turn handle. In order or importance:
Noise
Accuracy
Kinetic energy
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention I did have an Excalibur but sold it. It was very loud. Not interested in that brand.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Good luck! You are opening a can or worms.

·
8,865 Posts
Call Wyvern Creations … and ask for David. 1-603-659-0575 Get trustworthy professional advice from the premier crossbow dealer in the nation instead of a crossbow popularity debate by brand advocates. David has no particular favorites and only matches the shooter's criteria to the right crossbow.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
If you want fairly fast, quite with a great trigger and light all in the same bow I will recommend the Scorpyd DS 420.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
All Ravins have a built in crank. Your not cocking one with a rope cocker.

I will add my R26 isnt the best when it comes to being quiet. Probably the loudest crossbow I've owned. The neighbors stopped and asked me what I was shooting because they arent used to hearing the Ravin. The Scorpyds are much quieter. Accuracy wise you wont be disappointed with either Scorpyd or Ravin. Both shoot great. As far as Tenpoint goes I havent shot any of their newer crossbows so I'm no help their.

The Deathstalker is one quiet crossbow and is light weight. Perhaps the quietest crossbow made.

You want the hardest hitting crossbow you can buy that isnt a loud shooter I would look at the Aculeus or the new Tenpoint Vapor 470 that is if you can deal with the crank. The new Ravin R29X is most likely as loud or louder than the earlier models. That's the route I would personally take. I have an Aculeus 460/480 and it's a sledge hammer. You will need a good target.

Oh and I forgot about the Nitro XRT. Fast shooter with plenty of KE and I believe you can use a rope cocker.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Noise looks to be a priority. Buy something that shoots a hunting weight arrow less than 350FPS. Most of your noise is going to come from energy transferred from the shot. In my opinion, accuracy is going to come from match grade bolts. Buy the best bolts money can buy. You can get a really nice bow that meets the above specs for about the $1000 mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts