Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,347 Posts
I know I would have to do a safari to see the significance in killing a hippo. I do know they can kill you. Congrats to the hunter.;):)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Nothing goes to waste in Africa. Of the 14 animals I took on two hunts there, the only one they didn’t think would get eaten was the Zebra. In the end it got butchered also.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
What's the trick with keeping the mouth propped open? Never thought of hunting a hippo!
If you look beyond the "Li" on Limits, it looks like there is a 2"-3" diameter by 12"-15" long piece of wood jammed between the upper and lower molars. Might also be one on the other side that we can't see?

·
Vendor
1,617 Posts
A few points the liberal tree hugging crowd don't understand is Africa needs these guys go to there and hunt. Typically the village gets a fee for the animal and they usually get the meat. The guy who owns the online store Stocky Stocks goes regularly to Africa. On a trip a yeas or so back he went on an elephant hunt. The local government labeled the elephant as needing to be harvested because it was constantly damaging local crops. So the fee went to the village and they replaced a broken pump so they could water their crops and they kept the meat which fed the entire village for a number of days. There is only two ways animals die other than from predators, that is poaching or through hunting fees and non of the fees are cheap.

If hunting stops in africa a lot of people go hungry and many would likely die!

·
220 Posts
A few points the liberal tree hugging crowd don't understand is Africa needs these guys go to there and hunt. Typically the village gets a fee for the animal and they usually get the meat. The guy who owns the online store Stocky Stocks goes regularly to Africa. On a trip a yeas or so back he went on an elephant hunt. The local government labeled the elephant as needing to be harvested because it was constantly damaging local crops. So the fee went to the village and they replaced a broken pump so they could water their crops and they kept the meat which fed the entire village for a number of days. There is only two ways animals die other than from predators, that is poaching or through hunting fees and non of the fees are cheap.

If hunting stops in africa a lot of people go hungry and many would likely die!
Very true!

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
The dollar incentive plus the meat also keeps the animals from being slaughtered by the villagers. Without hunting the animals become a liability to them and they would kill most if not all of them off. Sort of the same approach the settlers took on the buffalo eating their cows grass and cougars stalking their kids. Kill them all.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Congrats on the Kill, I bet there wasn't much of a blood trail good job tracking too. :confused:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nothing goes to waste in Africa. Of the 14 animals I took on two hunts there, the only one they didn’t think would get eaten was the Zebra. In the end it got butchered also.
I hear that zebra is delicious.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts