Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

SWAT XP - MSRP $999
Years of research, design and testing has lead to the latest advancement in Extreme Precision shooting. The All-New Killer Instinct SWAT™ XP is an ultra-compact 27-inch crossbow shooting 415 FPS that’s unmatched in balance and control. Featuring the exclusive Killer Instinct® Accutac™ Barrel System The SWAT™ XP changes the game when it comes to broadhead accuracy. The enclosed 360-degree revolutionary design provides greater guidance and support to reduce the amount of crossbolt oscillation. This system improves the flight trajectory of bolts at high speeds regardless of broadhead selection. The ultra-compact SWAT™ XP 27-inch overall length cocks down to an ultra-narrow 9.5-inches wide, creating a crossbow that’s unparalleled in balance, control and fit. By utilizing the full length of the bow, the high energy power stroke rears all the way to the back of the bullpup design, creating a crossbow that is perfectly center balanced with a super-compact fame. The combination of next level accuracy, maneuverability and control creates a crossbow that produces Extreme Precision when shooting and handling. Includes DSC™ Dead Silent Crank & Lumix Speed Ring 1.5-5 x 32 IR-E Scope.

• SPEED - 415 Feet Per Second
  • KINETIC ENERGY - 153-FT-LB
  • TRIGGER - 3-LB
  • WIDTH - 9.125" Cocked//14.125" Uncocked
  • LENGTH - 27"
  • WEIGHT - 7.2-LB
  • DRAW WT - 200-LB
  • POWER STROKE - 16.25
  • CAMO - True Timber Strata
BALANCED CONTROL
The SWAT XP is designed for unparalleled balance, control and fit. By utilizing the full length of the bow, the high-energy power stroke rears all the way to the back of the bullpup design, creating a crossbow that is perfectly center balanced with a super-compact frame

NEXT-LEVEL ACCURACY
Featuring the Accutac™ Barrel System, the SWAT XP produces unmatched broadhead accuracy. The enclosed 360 degree revolutionary design provides greater guidance and support, reducing the amount of crossbolt oscillation and improving high speed broadhead flight.

ELITE PACKAGE INCLUDED
LUMIX SPEED RING 1.5 - 5 x 32 IR-E Scope, Rope Cocker, String Suppressors, 5-Bolt Quiver, (3) SWAT XP Bolts (400 Grains) and Field Tips, Stick of Rail Lube

·
6,259 Posts
After 33 years of crossbow ownership, I’ve only owned 3 crossbows that equaled or exceeded the advertised speed with the advertised arrow weight. BT Solution - adv -350, actual 353, SWAT - adv 385, actual 387, SWAT - actual 388.

I expect the same for the SWAT XP. If 415/400g arrow or still over 400 with virtually any weight hunting arrow, won’t do what you want, you probably need a new sport.

KI continues to prove that it over-delivers and at an affordable price.

·
Registered
274 Posts
View attachment 163058
SWAT XP - MSRP $999
Years of research, design and testing has lead to the latest advancement in Extreme Precision shooting. The All-New Killer Instinct SWAT™ XP is an ultra-compact 27-inch crossbow shooting 415 FPS that’s unmatched in balance and control. Featuring the exclusive Killer Instinct® Accutac™ Barrel System The SWAT™ XP changes the game when it comes to broadhead accuracy. The enclosed 360-degree revolutionary design provides greater guidance and support to reduce the amount of crossbolt oscillation. This system improves the flight trajectory of bolts at high speeds regardless of broadhead selection. The ultra-compact SWAT™ XP 27-inch overall length cocks down to an ultra-narrow 9.5-inches wide, creating a crossbow that’s unparalleled in balance, control and fit. By utilizing the full length of the bow, the high energy power stroke rears all the way to the back of the bullpup design, creating a crossbow that is perfectly center balanced with a super-compact fame. The combination of next level accuracy, maneuverability and control creates a crossbow that produces Extreme Precision when shooting and handling. Includes DSC™ Dead Silent Crank & Lumix Speed Ring 1.5-5 x 32 IR-E Scope.

• SPEED - 415 Feet Per Second
  • KINETIC ENERGY - 153-FT-LB
  • TRIGGER - 3-LB
  • WIDTH - 9.125" Cocked//14.125" Uncocked
  • LENGTH - 27"
  • WEIGHT - 7.2-LB
  • DRAW WT - 200-LB
  • POWER STROKE - 16.25
  • CAMO - True Timber Strata
BALANCED CONTROL
The SWAT XP is designed for unparalleled balance, control and fit. By utilizing the full length of the bow, the high-energy power stroke rears all the way to the back of the bullpup design, creating a crossbow that is perfectly center balanced with a super-compact frame

NEXT-LEVEL ACCURACY
Featuring the Accutac™ Barrel System, the SWAT XP produces unmatched broadhead accuracy. The enclosed 360 degree revolutionary design provides greater guidance and support, reducing the amount of crossbolt oscillation and improving high speed broadhead flight.

ELITE PACKAGE INCLUDED
LUMIX SPEED RING 1.5 - 5 x 32 IR-E Scope, Rope Cocker, String Suppressors, 5-Bolt Quiver, (3) SWAT XP Bolts (400 Grains) and Field Tips, Stick of Rail Lube
K/I when will the DSC™ Dead Silent Crank for the Swat?

Bob

·
Registered
274 Posts
KI are you going to have a version that will fit the Swat? If so when will it be available?
Bob

We will not have a crank available for the Swat. We no longer carry the
swat in our line.

Believe that was addressed in an earlier post.
This is a quote from KI description of the Swat XP.
"Includes DSC™ Dead Silent Crank & Lumix Speed Ring 1.5-5 x 32 IR-E Scope."
That is why I asked the question.
Bob

·
Registered
274 Posts
The crank is available for sale already. The Swat is not on the market yet.
Thanks Robert , from what Oldflyer told me when he designed the dead silent crank that it took a special bracket that mounts to the crank and fits into the cocking rope groove on the butt stock. This is what makes the crank that is available work on the Swat XP.

Bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
After 33 years of crossbow ownership, I’ve only owned 3 crossbows that equaled or exceeded the advertised speed with the advertised arrow weight. BT Solution - adv -350, actual 353, SWAT - adv 385, actual 387, SWAT - actual 388.

I expect the same for the SWAT XP. If 415/400g arrow or still over 400 with virtually any weight hunting arrow, won’t do what you want, you probably need a new sport.

KI continues to prove that it over-delivers and at an affordable price.
Yes they do, they are the hidden gem of crossbows, I went down south with my buddy's ripper and like 3 people who we were hunting with tried to buy it from me. They are a great company, that stands by their product. What other company offers yearly free inspections, and every 3 years replace warn parts and it is good for the lifetime of the original purchaser. I dont want them to get to big to fast where quality suffers like early last year when limbs were cracking left and right.

·
6,259 Posts
Just a quick comment. Occasionally, a limb design has a design defect that will eventually result in a high level breakage. This can happen to even great/established companies like Excalibur. There was a taper difference with the original Matrix, then Micro, limb design where there was flexing /expanding in the riser. And the riser had the decency of being too tight and having sharp exit edges. So, a two-fold problem from a decades old, previously bullet proof company.

The Ripper 415 may have had a design problem, or a manufacturing defect, whatever. Additionally, what percentage really occurred? Might it have been just one production run? The cyber world can make things seem larger than they really are.

BACK TO THE SUBJECT , the SWAT XP. It’s my understanding that this crossbow has been extensively tested, modified, etc to produce a highly reliable , high performance xbow. I believe that we can buy with confidence. :)

·
2,936 Posts
The fact that the SWAT XPs at the ATA are prototypes, should cause us to realize at least two things: 1) The actual production crossbow will be a more refined product, especially esthetically, and 2) There may be a little tweak here and there remaining.
The tweaking is already set in motion. I know that KI wants to sell everyone a great bow.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.