Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
Baltimore, MD - Ten Point Viper S400
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd show this doe I got today. I was reading a post on here yesterday about someone who shot a deer left handed. Thought it was a little ironic that this morning, I was required to take a shot using my left hand while hunting. It was probably about the second or third time in MANY years that this took place. It was great to see her go right down and only a couple leg kicks before she was done. I do shoot left handed a couple times a year while practicing. She was carrying two in the belly.:cautious:

Attachments

· Registered
109 Posts
Congrats! Will have to practice this year on the left handed shot. Yeah, some guys I know will not hunt this late but area I get to go they are trying to thin the heard down so have to deal with them little ones, we have to measure to age them. Wish I could post them for those folks that think abortion is okay but sure the backlash against anti- hunters would take away from the point.

· Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
17,172 Posts
Impossible for me to shoot left handed anymore. After Lasik one eye is for distance and the other is for close-up. Can only set the scope for one eye and that would be distance. Bummer because I used to shoot close up deer right or left handed with my rifle.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Impossible for me to shoot left handed anymore. After Lasik one eye is for distance and the other is for close-up. Can only set the scope for one eye and that would be distance. Bummer because I used to shoot close up deer right or left handed with my rifle.
I never thought/knew that was what would happen with that procedure. I had Lasik done about 10 years ago for being near sighted (can't see far away). The procedure worked great - now I can't read, because of age! I can still see terrifically at distances.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most scopes have a ring (the one closest to your eye) that will adjust the crosshairs to your particular vision requirements. I have had no issues sense both eyes are the same. Gabowman has had his eyes vision changed so one helps him see good close and other helps him see good far away. When he adjust his scope for his "shooting" eye, it will be way off when he switches to shooting using his other eye.

· Registered
755 Posts
Congratulations on your doe!

Reactions: cbhunter and AJ01

· Registered
17,172 Posts
Let me ad just a little.....since the Lasik I found out I was a diabetic. So.....blood sugar was high as the sky when the surgery was done and the Dr. make my eyes see GREAT. Later on he retired and that's when I corrected my blood sugar after finding out about diabetes. Now my eyes are exactly GREAT anymore. At longer distances I'm OK but for reading I had to have an eye doctor make me a pair of glasses with clear lense in the right side (my distance eye) and a corrective lense in the left side to enhance my vision when reading. And if youre wondering....your brain automatically focuses with the correct eye when youre looking at something.

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Diabetes will really mess with your vision. I refused to go to Dr until it got to the point where I couldn't see more than a blur at any distance. My blood sugar was 683 the night my wife took me to the emergency room. Sometimes being stupid and stubborn can lead to serious problems. I am now a firm believer in at least yearly check ups.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with those checkups being needed and important. I'm getting "a process" done in a few weeks that can be a life changer. I'm not worried but, concerned. None of us are as young as we were yesterday so, no one is immune from "stuff happening". So glad, I have faith that No matter what, I'll be OK. Maybe a little different but, still Ok with it. Have fun all!

· Registered
17,172 Posts
Prayers for you cbhunter. Be sure to keep us posted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts