Crossbow Nation banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Ordered my lighted 16” arrows and some replacement Alpha HP’s and aluminum inserts on the 22nd. Can’t wait to get mine , glad you guys have gotten yours.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
You guys that got them or are getting them how long ago did you order them

Reactions: One eyed archer

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put in a large order with Dave at Wyvern on 7/26. He shipped everything in the order except the Alpha Blaze knocks as they were not available then. Got an email on 8/29 saying the alpha blaze knocks shipped and will be here today. Just giving you all an idea on what my timeline was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a dozen zombie slayers from Dave at Wyvern, all with the tenpoint alpha hp knocks and bushings. How easy is it to remove the standard alpha knocks to replace with the alpha blaze knocks? Or, what is the best way to get this done? The current knocks have such a tight fit i'm afraid I will pull out the bushing or break the glue holding the bushing when trying to get them out.

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
I have a dozen zombie slayers from Dave at Wyvern, all with the tenpoint alpha hp knocks and bushings. How easy is it to remove the standard alpha knocks to replace with the alpha blaze knocks? Or, what is the best way to get this done? The current knocks have such a tight fit i'm afraid I will pull out the bushing or break the glue holding the bushing when trying to get them out.
If you want to get them out without damaging the nock you should be able to use a long rod and go in thru the front insert and knock them out. I haven't found a way to remove them without damaging the nock other than that. When I removed mine I did not care about the nock so I put just the nock in a vice, gave it a twist and they pulled right out. Trying to pull the nock straight out without twisting it I was moving my work bench and the nock wasn't budging lol. If a decent glue was used to glue in the nock inserts they should not pull out. If hot melt was used they will pull out but can be cleaned up easily and re-installed. I am sure there are better ways but this is my experience so far.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I use to be able to tap the nocks out way back when they used two part epoxy with my 1/8 steel rod, but no more. Those suckers are glued in with some type of Super glue. Dave from Wyvern Creations sent me a video of a guy using a spray can of Duster. He sprayed down the shaft and the arrow was covered in frost.
I went to Walmart and bought two cans of Duster. Got home and I sprayed on the outside of the nock area and they popped right out using the steel rod. Works great!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I use to be able to tap the nocks out way back when they used two part epoxy with my 1/8 steel rod, but no more. Those suckers are glued in with some type of Super glue. Dave from Wyvern Creations sent me a video of a guy using a spray can of Duster. He sprayed down the shaft and the arrow was covered in frost.
I went to Walmart and bought two cans of Duster. Got home and I sprayed on the outside of the nock area and they popped right out using the steel rod. Works great!
Just spray this around the nock areas on the outside of the shaft. Then run a 1/8 steel rod down through the upper end of your arrow through the insert. Pops right out.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
He’s trying to remove the plastic nock from the aluminum hp bushing.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The plastic nocks are pressed in, not glued into the aluminum bushing. Grab the plastic nock lightly with a pair of pliers and just pull it out. The bushing should stay in.

Reactions: The man.

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
I just got notification that my order from Wyverns has shipped! I had other stuff in the order as well so we will see if the nocks are with it when it gets here. 😁👍
I was wrong. He only shipped my stirrup I ordered. Opened invoice and it said nocks on back order. 🥴

101 - 120 of 131 Posts