Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster. I recently purchased a new Tenpoint Nitro X 2019 model on clearance. FYI MidwayUSA still has the for $1199. I havent even shot it yet but it looks amazing. It came with 6 Evo-X Center punch arrows. These are 445 grain with 84 grain inserts. .297 inside diameter and .348 outside diameter.
The arrows came whit alpha nock inserts and aluminum alpha nocks. I switched out the 100 grain tips for 125 grain to improve FOC. From what I have read the polymer alpha nocks weigh about half the aluminum nocks. So i am thinking of switching to the polymer nocks, reducing overall weight but improving FOC slightly.
Question 1: Will the plastic nocks hold up like the aluminum under 400fps bows?
Question 2: What color alpha nock do i need? I noticed they come in green, white, and red. Are these all the same except color or do they have different diameters?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
The polymer will have to hold up since it's the only option if you are going to use their illuminated nock system. The color doesn't really matter. If you buy green nocks you can buy green sticks and the same for the red.
Good luck with the new bow. It was a killer deal and I was still tempted to buy one even after I purchased a Stealth NXT earlier this year. Let us know what you think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts