Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some info sharing here. Inspected bow ata 1/8” long. Timing running closer to front dots. So bow was not shot since last early Nov. Bow set with cables and string installed.
So adjustments I made was one full twist in all cables. No string adjustment. So seems cables only stretched. Checked cam lean after cable adjustments spot on. Checked timing over orange little wheels almost fully cocked- very good timing. Took big bird tool and placed in rail old nock point looked good. So I fired. Shooting darts.
Will likely though restring and recable. This string and cable set has over 100 hours cock time from last season. Will use during this 3 day velvet buck hunt. Then restring. Btw big bird trigger shoe feels real good on R29.

R9 is shooting nicely too. Reserved string on it.

Tell you one thing. At 20 yards you can tell the horsepower of R29 vs r9 on Spyder web target. Just the noise of impact alone tells one what is going on. Will likely take bows down with press after deer season. Give the limbs a rest.

Will post a short video here shortly.

Gotta love the Ravins.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The nock tool set and string carriage release tool and trigger shoe I highly recommend.
I couldn't help myself and got one of everything. Those plus the bird mount and level. Should get here in the next couple days. Since learning about the trigger shoe my finger placement on the trigger bothers me more and more with each pull. Wansn't exactly designed for big hands+ long fingers.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldn't help myself and got one of everything. Those plus the bird mount and level. Should get here in the next couple days. Since learning about the trigger shoe my finger placement on the trigger bothers me more and more with each pull. Wansn't exactly designed for big hands+ long fingers.
I know exactly how you feel about the trigger. Ravin bows for me, I don’t hold behind them on the grip. My hand is rotated to then left ccw. And this makes the distances to trigger less. Very hard to use First pad of finger. Even the trigger shoe using on R29 the distance is increased but could be more to get better feel, this is attributed to thin grip. Use of shoe helps. Can’t go too big on the shoe as one need some some clearance to safely get their finger in there to properly discharge bow.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Someone mentioned wrapping the handle, after I put a couple dozen shots in with the shoe I might try that to help hand position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts