Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a half dozen new Evo x arrows with aluminum nocks, want to install lighted nocks but can’t get aluminum nocks out of arrow. Tell me they are not glued in!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yup all alpha nocks are now glued in. You have to purchase the Evo X arrows that come with the Alpha Brite nock to get them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had picked some up over the winter and yes they are glued in like the plastic ones.
Mmmmmm good way for Tenpoint to make people buy 3 arrows for $100,
I hate manipulative marketing.
I understand placing arrow in boiling water to loosen glue they use doesn’t work but I wonder if anyone has tried placing an arrow in the freezer.
I have used that trick for removing recoil pads from stocks that have recoil pads glued to the stock with super glue type adhesives.

Reactions: brent h

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheapest I personally have found the illuminated Evo x arrows for 3 arrows so far is $99.99 so yes $33 each.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Cheapest I personally have found the illuminated Evo x arrows for 3 arrows so far is $99.99 so yes $33 each.
I've had luck removing those nocks/receivers by removing the insert (heated the brass insert ID with a soldering iron) and using a 1/4" rod I can drive them out. The stubborn one I drill out by step-drilling. PITA, yes but the arrows are really very good and for me, worth the effort.

Reactions: brent h

·
TenPoint Representative
2,189 Posts
Our shop has had good luck using canned air. They turn the can over so the cold propellent shoots down the shaft and then they drop an 1/8 inch steel rod down the shaft and tap on it. The propellent freezes the glue and makes it brittle. I'm not tried it yet myself.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Our shop has had good luck using canned air. They turn the can over so the cold propellent shoots down the shaft and then they drop an 1/8 inch steel rod down the shaft and tap on it. The propellent freezes the glue and makes it brittle. I'm not tried it yet myself.
never thought to try that one

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX
626 Posts
Too many morons couldn’t line up an alpha nock correctly thus we all suffer the consequences

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mmmmmm good way for Tenpoint to make people buy 3 arrows for $100,
I hate manipulative marketing.
I understand placing arrow in boiling water to loosen glue they use doesn’t work but I wonder if anyone has tried placing an arrow in the freezer.
I have used that trick for removing recoil pads from stocks that have recoil pads glued to the stock with super glue type adhesives.
Yep. I think it’s manipulative marketing also. Make people pay a lot more to be able to have the lighted nock, BS. I’ve shot the two piece nock for years and only lost a couple of the nock pieces on a pass through shot. I’ve not had any of the Alfa’s fall out or come out during regular shooting.
One thing that I do to help tighten the Alfa up a little in the receivers is I scratch up the inside of the receiver and I rough up the connecting end of the Alfa (use rough grit sandpaper) to give them a surface that takes more friction to separate. But don’t overdo it. It’s worked for me so far.
I did try freezing without much luck, but not with the canned air. I could be wrong but using that cold of air I believe could possibly leave more chances of making the carbon brittle and cause unforeseen stress fractures.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've had luck removing those nocks/receivers by removing the insert (heated the brass insert ID with a soldering iron) and using a 1/4" rod I can drive them out. The stubborn one I drill out by step-drilling. PITA, yes but the arrows are really very good and for me, worth the effort.
I’ve been able to hold the arrow in my hand and slowly drill the receivers, I let the drill bit slip quite a bit in the receiver and the heat from the friction has usually broke the receiver free from the shaft before I drilled all the way through. Once it starts spinning, I back the drill out and usually the receiver comes with it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't shoot the lighted nocks not worth the money to me. And I don't mind they glue the receivers in. Since I am not shooting lighted nocks and don't plan on it I put a dab of super glue on the nock and call it good

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
I’ve been able to hold the arrow in my hand and slowly drill the receivers, I let the drill bit slip quite a bit in the receiver and the heat from the friction has usually broke the receiver free from the shaft before I drilled all the way through. Once it starts spinning, I back the drill out and usually the receiver comes with it.
What size drill?

·
Registered
192 Posts
VERSA NOCK BABY!! Alpha Nocks SUCK!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts