Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like Foghorn and DaGriz, I'm another new old guy. I just retired on February 29th (Leap Year) so I guess I can only celebrate my retirement every 4 years now. I was born and bred in Georgia but I currently live in Virginia. I started bowhunting with my grandpa in Georgia using a longbow and then eventually a recurve. We hunted the hardwoods, swamps and Smokie mountains. I moved to Virginia with my family in 1968 and before I could leave home and return back to my home State, I fell in love with a Petersburg gal and settled down here. 35 years together and still can't get her to move back to Georgia. So I'm doomed to hunting the hardwoods, Dismal swamp and Blue Ridge mountains. I laid down my longbow, recurve and compound for a crossbow and haven't looked back too much. When I do desire to shoot anything other than my crossbow I revert back to my longbow. It was made by my grandpa so it has special meaning along with being a sweet shooter.

I have checked out many forums but have only joined two total. Looking at this one I may be here more than the other. I see some familiar names already here and look forward to sharing info and stories. Thanks for the site.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Zombie welcome aboard I also am new here ! and belong to a couple different forums , but looking farward to chatting on this one !;)

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome CXB and welcome to you also. I'm hoping this site will take off and become quite busy with posts. I like the way each crossbow has it's own forum so you can get info specific for you particular model or if you're interested in buying a particular model you can read about it before purchasing. I just retired but one of my co-workers was from Connecticut and we had a lot of fun the brief time we worked together. Hope to be chatting with you soon.

·
342 Posts
Welcome to the site.:ack2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts