Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
I don't know what your impressions are with Scorpyd but they still have a new flagship coming out soon. I know I'm really looking forwards to it....

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what your impressions are with Scorpyd but they still have a new flagship coming out soon. I know I'm really looking forwards to it....
Been thinking about a Scorpyd for a long time. Not thrilled with their closing the dealer network and having a single, far off location for service, but it’s not like Darton is any better in that regard. ;) Also, “flagship” crossbows are often more than I like to spend, buy we will see. Got a few months to wring out exactly what I have before it’s pull out the wallet time.;)

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I'm looking forward to it also, but only as a curiosity. Happy with what I have now and no more NEW bows for me for a while, especially " flagship bows". Learned my lesson, LOL.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
I'm looking forward to it also, but only as a curiosity. Happy with what I have now and no more NEW bows for me for a while, especially " flagship bows". Learned my lesson, LOL.
Yeah, I don't think I'm buying another one either for awhile. I'm the same, just curious to see what they develop after the discontinuation of the Nemesis. I'm happy with mine and I know alot of other owners who are happy with theirs also but, I'm not ditching mine and forking out another $2,000 either.

·
1,972 Posts
I'm not interested in a new bow at this time. The new Swat is coming closest but still needs to be able to be uncocked without shooting and not need a press. By the way i know you can shoot into a target.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
For many years, I shot Darton vertical bows. They were on the speed craze early on (Lightening for example). I have never seen / handled their crossbows. They look nice though. I just saw a new, flagship Ten Point online for over 4 k. Good grief. Not happening in my remaining years.

·
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
For many years, I shot Darton vertical bows. They were on the speed craze early on (Lightening for example). I have never seen / handled their crossbows. They look nice though. I just saw a new, flagship Ten Point online for over 4 k. Good grief. Not happening in my remaining years.
Yes, me too. I owned 10 Dartons, though 2 of the 10 were the same bow- the Viper. Had that one as I was going through a ridiculous number of bows trying to find “ The Perfect Bow”. LOL. Saw 5 Mathews, a couple of Hoyts, and a bunch of others come and go while I kept that Viper. Then I finally got something I liked and could shoot better - a Darton Tundra! :D I also have not tried one of their crossbows-yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Been thinking about a Scorpyd for a long time. Not thrilled with their closing the dealer network and having a single, far off location for service, but it’s not like Darton is any better in that regard. ;) Also, “flagship” crossbows are often more than I like to spend, buy we will see. Got a few months to wring out exactly what I have before it’s pull out the wallet time.;)
I used Scorpyd's service some years back as the nearest dealer was several hours drive from home, and the dealer didn't seem all that interested when I discussed my wants with them over the phone. Scorpyd did the work quickly and reasonably and I was very happy with the whole experience.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
The only thing that bothers me on that bow is the long, diving board scope rail. I just dislike that design.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The only thing that bothers me on that bow is the long, diving board scope rail. I just dislike that design.
I agree that’s how it is perceived. There are a couple well known members on these crossbow sites that have owned darton crossbows with that setup, and said it is stout and built like a tank.
I trust their word, enough so, I ordered one of these bows for blind hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JOE PA
1 - 12 of 12 Posts