Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was warned and had posts removed on another archery site and after a few pms to the mod got this back.
I was waiting to hear from Pat and I did. Crossbow alert threads are permitted. Other threads or posts promoting crossbows will be removed. Any questions or messages should be directed to him.
Which is fine but on the various state forums where xbows are fully legal what's the point of removing them there as well? Well we know the reasons but there is no valid justification.

So I made a form email and whipped it off to all their advertisers so they can know I and hopefully others won't be using those that support anti hunting enties. Discriminating against legal bow hunting in a legal state is anti hunting.
May not go anywhere or do any good but I spend $$$ on lots of the same gear all the other bow hunters do. Every little bit helps our cause. :eek:

·
23 Posts
I seem to remember this site pulling a few posts as well. What was that all about again? Oh ya. We are not supposed to mention it. Sorry:D

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
You don't have to post a direct link but I think mentioning the name is ok isn't it? If I knew the name I could goggle for it.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a response from the site owner. Guess wallet pain is excruciating now days. The official policy is to remove any and all xbow posts - period. Not just selective or anti ones - all of them. The mods email was short and to the point when he said we remove the pro ones and keep up xbow alerts. Gee, somehow he got it wrong. I think I know what really happened and most here do to. Sorry but I'm going to let advertisers know how I feel when they support forums like theirs.

I guess I can't name it but I think The name is a Bowsite many will know. As a note the anti xbow thread is still up. So much for policy huh? :mad:

·
264 Posts
I wonder why you would object to a site that is anti-xbow, don't they have the same rights as a site that is pro? You sound a little bit like Jesse Jackson's group threatning boycotts of product. Bird are up heading up "The Rainxbow Coalition"

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Stinger171 said:
I seem to remember this site pulling a few posts as well. What was that all about again? Oh ya. We are not supposed to mention it. Sorry:D
Yep, that's kinda the "unmentioned rule" huh? Same as what happened earlier this week at the site I visit. Someone new didn't realize they weren't supposed to, especially START a thread mentioning crossbows, but of course, he asked some questions directed at me to purchase a new one, so I answered. It's only one forum bully that blows his top, and what's worse is he's trying to get positions as Prostaff for companies in the hunting industry, and TV shows, like we really need anti hunters in the industry. One of those companies, I'm Prostaff for, and he's only Shooting staff so that started this the first day I was on that forum a year and a half ago. Right away he asked what my PS # was, so I told him. He thinks he's GOD in the hunting world, but has never even left Sask Canada, EVER! So, I think the boy has lots to learn.
He was supposed to come to Texas and asked to be in my care for 3 months, and that was going to be the one on one time going over his education. That didn't happen and he got nasty when he knew he didn't need me to babysit him while in Texas anymore when the trip was cancelled.
My lesson to teach him has been "watch what you say". So, I collected things he shouldn't have said since the beginning, and of course, at an opportun time, used it all against him and watched him blow and do his best to spin his words. He's been quiet for 8 months till this last full moon episode. He suffers on full moons I figured out. Also, I kept e-mails of his "friends" talking about him to me and calling him names and agreeing he's a bully etc. from before we had the big toe to toe debate that I shut him down with facts on. It was probably the most watched thread ever on a forum. Of course, I had more experience than he did at the debate thing and had my facts straight. That made him a looser, and in exchange, I had members I never knew writing me and calling me a hero for shutting him down, so I figured out, he's been the bully for awhile with others. Now, I'll wait till he's on a high and mail the collection to him so he can see that all those BHA friends that back him up, really don't think he's all that either, and then some. One of his "friends" already knows I'm laying in wait for him.. WITH his e-mail calling him a real P**** and a bully and stuff since he WAS on the other end of this guy before. He started this last tirade by instigating, so I told him he better get his boy on a leash or else I turn the bully back on him and sit back and watch. Now THAT would be a great laugh! Watch them turn on each other becuause I provided the information THEY gave me to do it with. Hilarious!

Ah, young boys. They think they are so "it", so I guess it's my job to dazzle him with brilliance and bulls*** till he understands you don't mess with old ladies who hunt with crossbows! They'll remember everything and won't cut your young cocky self any slack, and they have experience doing it.
Bless his little black heart, he's as dumb as a box of rocks sometimes. I actually enjoy when we butt heads and then he's quit for months, licking his wounds. Just lurking.
Don't forums get advertising by showing numbers of members and hits? Well then, you know what you can do.
SCREW WITH A VERTICAL ASSOCIATION HUNTER. IT'S TOO MUCH FUN!!!! LMAO!!!

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Terry Williams said:
I wonder why you would object to a site that is anti-xbow, don't they have the same rights as a site that is pro? You sound a little bit like Jesse Jackson's group threatning boycotts of product. Bird are up heading up "The Rainxbow Coalition"
Don't see opposing views, like yours, being deleted or the poster getting little red marks by their name.
It was a civil post - no names or such. They have a 1992 POS forum application running there. You can't do or imply half the things you can do on a real forum. I guess it's a traditional forum in the style of an old BB Board ( if anyone remembers those things). But hey it's their right just as it's mine to alert advertisers I won't be supporting anti hunters in any form.

·
264 Posts
I beg to differ with you, I posted a link to the stryker xbow that shoots 405 fps and it was removed. I made no deragatory comments and the BS removed it.

I too wish the forum was updated.

I support your right to alert advertisers.....got to go, got to get a letter off too Bowtech.:mad::D:D

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Terry Williams said:
I beg to differ with you, I posted a link to the stryker xbow that shoots 405 fps and it was removed. I made no deragatory comments and the BS removed it.

I too wish the forum was updated.

I support your right to alert advertisers.....got to go, got to get a letter off too Bowtech.;):D:D
Uh, Terry. You do know that Bowtec is one bow company that funds the fight for crossbows behind the scenes, yes? See? It's not about you and your agenda, it's about money and profit. Funny how vertical shooters think they are protecting and defending their companies when the companies don't back the shooters exclusively. Why is that you suppose? Hmm? Maybe your agenda isn't very important or productive for anyone but the lying, selfish, greedy, ( absolutely wonderful traits in leaders of the community by the way) asses who belong to Bow Hunting Associations? Can your bow hunting association fully support a company without outside shooters? LMAO. You sure need a reality check there, young boy. Money makes the world go round. You sure don't have enough obviously. Maybe the MBA can have a cake sale or something.
Maybe then they can be taken seriously if they add $30.00 to their treasury. Still laughing!

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guide Girl said:
Uh, Terry. You do know that Bowtec is one bow company that funds the fight for crossbows behind the scenes, yes? See? It's not about you and your agenda, it's about money and profit. Funny how vertical shooters think they are protecting and defending their companies when the companies don't back the shooters exclusively. Why is that you suppose? Hmm? Maybe your agenda isn't very important or productive for anyone but the lying, selfish, greedy, ( absolutely wonderful traits in leaders of the community by the way) asses who belong to Bow Hunting Associations? Can your bow hunting association fully support a company without outside shooters? LMAO. You sure need a reality check there, young boy. Money makes the world go round. You sure don't have enough obviously. Maybe the MBA can have a cake sale or something.
Maybe then they can be taken seriously if they add $30.00 to their treasury. Still laughing!
They do it because they know the vertical shooters aren't going to quit because xbows are allowed. They will sell and make $$$ from picking up those that can't/won't for various reasons shoot compounds. And it doesn't hurt the season, bag limits or any other so called fears the anti crown claims will happen. Tradition still lives contrary to the antis. Everyone wins. Well everyone that's not a greedy hunter wins.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I don't know about ya'll, but it's too much fun having these loosers come here. Maybe it's the only place right now they can get any attention? THE LOOSER CLUB!!! Doing what they're best at- blowing hot useless air. At least now, I don't have to HUNT them down. I can play right here! Yippee!

·
665 Posts
Guide Girl said:
I don't know about ya'll, but it's too much fun having these loosers come here. Maybe it's the only place right now they can get any attention? THE LOOSER CLUB!!! Doing what they're best at- blowing hot useless air. At least now, I don't have to HUNT them down. I can play right here! Yippee!
You are one of a kind and I love it

I wish there were more of your type out there, I love to read your post and I just love the attitude

Keep up the good work

Im a life long fan now:D

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
mideerslayer said:
You are one of a kind and I love it

I wish there were more of your type out there, I love to read your post and I just love the attitude

Keep up the good work

Im a life long fan now:D
Thanks! I was taught by the best! One advantage to living many more years than someone else. Experience and knowledge.

·
11,442 Posts
I must be getting really old

because my tolerance for the BS spewed by young snotty nosed know it all's is too short to measure anymore. I'm tired of the lies, the lame brained comments like "crossbows will end bowhunting as we know it" ;) Sure it will!! When crossbows are included in archery seasons, the little selfish weasles can crawl back into their holes. It's happened in my state that included crossbows in archery season 3 years ago. They walk around mumbling to themselves, still keeping older bowhunters that used to shoot 3D tournaments off their clubs' ranges and it's only because of a few arroagant self appointed "very important" members of a certain "society". They too will become old if they are lucky enough and will either be looked upon as hipocrites or sit at home during bowhunting seasons. Pitiful!

I successfuly hunted deer with long bows and recurves since 1963 and compounds off and on until 3 years ago and loved it all. At the core of my love for archery all those years was the joy of watching an arrow fly. That has not changed since day one. I thank God I was not afflicted with the narrow minded arrogance that some of our "fellow bowhunters" (and they ARE a minority in the bowhunting world) are stricken with. My arrows are still flying without ever caring what the bowhunter across the woods may be hunting with. Crossbows are wonderfully unique in that they can offer vurtually anynone the continued opportunity to watch arrows fly and to bowhunt. As much as I loved my long bows and recurves, they can't do that.

·
378 Posts
Kudos to you

Moonkryket said:
because my tolerance for the BS spewed by young snotty nosed know it all's is too short to measure anymore. I'm tired of the lies, the lame brained comments like "crossbows will end bowhunting as we know it" :rolleyes: Sure it will!! When crossbows are included in archery seasons, the little selfish weasles can crawl back into their holes. It's happened in my state that included crossbows in archery season 3 years ago. They walk around mumbling to themselves, still keeping older bowhunters that used to shoot 3D tournaments off their clubs' ranges and it's only because of a few arroagant self appointed "very important" members of a certain "society". They too will become old if they are lucky enough and will either be looked upon as hipocrites or sit at home during bowhunting seasons. Pitiful!

I successfuly hunted deer with long bows and recurves since 1963 and compounds off and on until 3 years ago and loved it all. At the core of my love for archery all those years was the joy of watching an arrow fly. That has not changed since day one. I thank God I was not afflicted with the narrow minded arrogance that some of our "fellow bowhunters" (and they ARE a minority in the bowhunting world) are stricken with. My arrows are still flying without ever caring what the bowhunter across the woods may be hunting with. Crossbows are wonderfully unique in that they can offer vurtually anynone the continued opportunity to watch arrows fly and to bowhunt. As much as I loved my long bows and recurves, they can't do that.
VERY well said sir!

·
1,426 Posts
well put and true

that is exactly how I got here MoonKryket and how lots of other folks got here too... the antis want to discriminate on basis of ability and age in some cases and in just choice of equipment in others..
dk

·
1,426 Posts
well put and true

that is exactly how I got here MoonKryket and how lots of other folks got here too... the antis want to discriminate on basis of ability and age in some cases and in just choice of equipment in others.. I get tired of the bs too when it is ticking everyone off.. but I read that is gonna stop now... terry indicated he will stop posting.. pretty cool of him.. if it is true...no need to disrupt in order to spy...
dk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts