Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Scorpyd Ventilator Extreme. 22" Spynal Tapps. Rage BH
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see alot of you guys are very fond of the Trident silicone. Do you guys use this on S&C and rail or just as a string lube. I am looking to buy some new products and i was leaning on Scorpion Venow til i heard alot of talk about the Trident. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Excalibur Assassin 400TD
155 Posts
I am testing a Silicon dielectric grease on the flight deck of my Excalibur Assassin. Just a super light coating about every 30 shots and so far there is no build-up and the deck is shiney smooth. No adverse effects on the serving or latch jaws.

I have read that the dielectric grease doesn't harden like some Silicon greases.

I am also interested to hear from others findings.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I use Black Lightning on my center serving. The key is to use a piece of leather and burnish it in real good . I use liquid Scorpion Venom Polymeric wax on the exposed strings. Don't forget to wax where the cables cross through the cable slide on your Vent. I use Scorpion Venom Polymeric paste wax there.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I am testing a Silicon dielectric grease on the flight deck of my Excalibur Assassin. Just a super light coating about every 30 shots and so far there is no build-up and the deck is shiney smooth. No adverse effects on the serving or latch jaws.

I have read that the dielectric grease doesn't harden like some Silicon greases.

I am also interested to hear from others findings.
We use it all the time in the electric utility. It is also very useful on door, bin, and lock latches. Keeps them working smooth from the weather exposure at all temperatures.

Reactions: Colorado Crossbow

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
The Trident Silicone does seem to stay “wet” so after a while I’ll wipe the excess off so that it doesn’t attract dirt.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,531 Posts

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,531 Posts
The Trident Silicone does seem to stay “wet” so after a while I’ll wipe the excess off so that it doesn’t attract dirt.
You have to wipe the rail and everything real good to remove the old before you apply a new layer. (y)

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
I use Black Lightning on my center serving. The key is to use a piece of leather and burnish it in real good . I use liquid Scorpion Venom Polymeric wax on the exposed strings. Don't forget to wax where the cables cross through the cable slide on your Vent. I use Scorpion Venom Polymeric paste wax there.
That's a good maintenance regime

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
That's a good maintenance regime
Marty, by the picture I was wondering if you make your own version of Black Lightning using the graphite with another mixture?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Marty, by the picture I was wondering if you make your own version of Black Lightning using the graphite with another mixture?
That's funny, i was wondering the same thing. I know he reccomends the black lightning then shows us all these other products. Inquiring minds need to know.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
That's funny, i was wondering the same thing. I know he reccomends the black lightning then shows us all these other products. Inquiring minds need to know.
If not, then he sure does make some nasty homemade "Preparation-H" 😄

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think he's showing us that stuff to throw us off his trail. 🤯

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
As a matter of fact I do but not with the white silicone grease. I haven't experimented with that yet. I do have another compound mixture that I apply just to the center servings on my newly built strings for my customers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh so i just got some of the secret sauce huh? Cant wait to see my new S&C.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
As a matter of fact I do but not with the white silicone grease. I haven't experimented with that yet. I do have another compound mixture that I apply just to the center servings on my newly built strings for my customers.
Well, you are receiving a lot of good comments on your strings on this forum. It must be working with your strings. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Well, you are receiving a lot of good comments on your strings on this forum. It must be working with your strings. Keep up the good work.
Every time make a string I get better at it. I learn something new every time. It's an ongoing process.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts