Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy from back home recently bought a new Micro 340. He has also just bought a bow stringer and today he tried to adjust his brace height on the bow.
He calls me to tell me that the bow stringer cord is stuck and he can't figure out how to release it. Without being there to see it, I figured that the anti dryfire locked up for some reason or it was a case if operator error.
He brought the bow to the shop near his house and the guy was able to help him out but the guy really didn't know what caused the problem.
I never heard of a problem like his. Anybody else have a similar experience?

·
2,880 Posts
He probably cocked the stringer only as far as the Guardian ADF (it does make a click) and not all the way to the trigger claws. When I got my 380 hybrid, I put a Middleton sniper trigger in it, and that trigger hung up on the stock, and wouldn’t cock. I had a 380 (290+# draw) stuck on the ADF, but couldn’t cock it. I can tell you, it took all the strength I had to pull it enough to get the string off the ADF far enough to be able to push the lever in to let the bow decock. :oops:

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
I did that on my 330 Matrix just to see how hard it is. And yes that last couple of inches is hard even with the rope cocker coming off the ADF levers. I thought I was going to pull something loose besides the string. 😳

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've done that with a slave stringer and had it so tight I had to use a second stringer to lift the pressure off the limbs while someone else pulled the slave off the ADF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts