Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some forest on my plot of land. I mounted trail cams in a couple of places and recorded footage of roe deer, raccoons, badgers, foxes, a jackal and a lynx.

I'd like to set up a hide in the forest where my daughters and I can sit and watch, maybe take photos and perhaps shoot my crossbow or vertical.

I can't hunt with either of those, but I can certainly set up block targets and 3D targets if I want.

So the idea is to make a relatively permanent structure enough room for two to sit, and some kind of platform to rest my crossbow on etc if I decide to target shoot, or a place to rest my camera if we hoping to take snaps of the wildlife.

As I'm sure this has been done dozens of times across the members' board of CBN, I thought I'd ask for any advice and lessons learnt before I start.

I'm particularly interested in picking a good spot, and what materials to use so that it blends in a bit and is resilient.

Cheers.

·
1,665 Posts
No replies to this ? What kind of materials are available ? If you have a good sized tree near where you’d like to set up use that to build off from. If treated lumber is available 2 by 4 s. And plywood and you are in business. Cut holes for viewing. Paint the wood with low gloss dull colors. Lean in and around some natural brush and limbs from the area. You are set !

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I have lots of wood from a previous build so that is OK. I'd buy mesh and put an asphalt roll over the roof, at least for now. Painting is no problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts