Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are NAP heads. They are an improved version of the Thunderheads. I have these dating back to my Compound Bow days. I have two packs and am switching back to fixed heads next season and may give them a try.
Font Automotive wheel system Gas Automotive tire Auto part

· Registered
12 Posts
These are NAP heads. They are an improved version of the Thunderheads. I have these dating back to my Compound Bow days. I have two packs and am switching back to fixed heads next season and may give them a try. View attachment 245555
Good penetration , but light blood trails,your experience may differ, my bow shot the 100 grain at 405 fps chronographed, I dropped my deer, but in my opinion the blood trail was sparse. My go to now and will stay with them are Grim Reaper whitetail 2 inch cut , never have seen such devastation in a broadhead, since entering the game in 2004. Still learning something new every season.Good luck.Make sure you sight in with a practice tip or the real arrow if you have a bag that will accept broadheads, fixed in my experience don't fly as well as a solid mechanical.

· Registered
792 Posts
I shot a few deer with Thunderheads, 4-6 I would guess. These use the same lockup, and the only difference appears to be the angled rotation around the ferrule. Hard to see them being much different. The Thunderheads are outstanding penetrators, and I keep some beause of that alone. In fact, I always keep one with me while hunting. The only deer I ever put a second arrow into was a whopper doe down on her chest with forelegs extended fully, I put the Thunderhead in behind the diaphragm crossed the chest just above the heart and exited the chest into the left front leg and down that to below the radius/ulna bones, That was about 5 feet of penetration from a Matrix 330 shooting an FMJ with a total arrow weight of ~500 grains. Shot was from 40 yards back. That kind of penetration is always good. If I needed to or wanted to punch bone, these or a thunderhead are what I'd use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts