Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a guy state on another site that there were several bows with limbs breaking . The one posted on that site is the first one that I have heard of . Anyone else . It’s bound to happen with as many of these things that are out there.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Every company experiences limb malfunctions. The more sold equals more possible failures. Social media and forums just make it seem worse

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
It's rapidly becoming a TenPoint and Ravin market for high end crossbows so their competitors will continue to look for ways to bash them. I have personally never heard of a Ravin limb failure and have dealt with quite a few Ravin owners since late 2016.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's rapidly becoming a TenPoint and Ravin market for high end crossbows so their competitors will continue to look for ways to bash them. I have personally never heard of a Ravin limb failure and have dealt with quite a few Ravin owners since late 2016.
I didn’t think so either . This one guy kept saying several limb breakages . But I personally have never heard of one until that one , and he said that when his string blew up that he thought that he may have hit some thing with the limbs . If that’s so it could have hurt the integrity of the limb and it just took a little while for it to surface

·
Registered
340 Posts
I saw a R10 limb that failed while cocking . It had about 5 shots on it. I had a limb splinter on my R15 right side lower limb.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've also had 2 scope failures. They were the ones that go up to 425fps. Fogged up and got blurry where you couldn't see through them.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Thanks Hunter8 for a reality check. I never cared for their scope anyway but after spending so much money on the crossbow, many probably can't justify replacing it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Had an 80 lb recurve that was my pride and joy, one day I bumped it hard enough to put a tiny little ding in it, and it wasn’t long before it separated.... still have it hanging in the barn as a reminder.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Don’t know who they are made by, I’m sure it’s Hawke or someone similar....most scope builders these days have that stuff down to an art, in fact I’ve never had one in recent history to fog up. However I’ve destroyed a few beyond repair :rolleyes: Not the scopes fault by any definition...

·
Registered
340 Posts
The first scope that failed was torqued to 15 inch lbs. Ravin recommendations. The second one was the replacement for the 1st and was bad out of the box. The scopes that go to 450 are not made the same but if you take the elevation cap off you can move the adjustment screw back and forth. doesn't seem to effect accuracy but I wonder about how well its sealed. That also makes it hard to put a level there to level your scope as Ravin recommends. I was hoping to see a better scope on the R29 for that 2599.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love my new Ravin R29X Sniper but just had bow shop order new serving (unraveled) and right limb (split) after less than 100 shots. Ravin is paying for everything. Not happy about problems but understand. Ravin has been great on honoring warranty.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I suspect the 29X has Ravin's most powerful limbs. No surprise some might have limb issues.
There's a price to pay for that extra performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ravin is no more for wear than any other. We have seen a few limb issues on 2-3 yr old models. Some of those were user error. Ravin is pretty good overall. Starting to see string/cable wear on older models due to owners not paying attention to them....those go, the limbs can go.

·
Registered
464 Posts
A couple of things to keep in mind...these crossbows especially high end ones like Ravin ARE NOT low maintenance! If you are looking for that don't get ANY crossbow. Also, just because we pay what we consider a high price for something does not entitle us to some expectation of longevity. In a word, what you see is what you get. Any technology that uses high levels of stored energy (think crossbow limbs cocked) will have inevitable wear and tear and if not maintained properly you CAN expect a breakage eventually. Finally, get to know your platform and how to maintain it. If you expect someone else (a bow shop) to maintain your bow, I hope you have very deep pockets because you are going to need them. A $3,000.00 price point is just the starting point not a performance guarantee.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hate to disagree but when you spend that much money you expect quality. Serving string seperation and split limb after less than 100 shots. I understand things happen and Ravin has been great about it. I retired as GM for BMW dealership. Customers paid more for BMWs than a lot of other makers and expected quality and dependability for paying that extra money. I shot Mission Sub-1 for two years with no problems but still like Ravin R29X better. Just not liking these problems so early on when I paid a premium for a quality bow.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts