Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an MXB Dagger. Are 20” arrows and moon nocks the standard? Is it possible to use Firenocks, or should I just stick to moons? This is my first Mission and first semi railless bow. Up to this point, I’ve been a stupid-simple recurve shooter. ;) Thanks.

·
Happy Member
5,433 Posts
Mission recommends metal moon nocks on their arrows. I have the MXB 360 and I use metal nocks for practice but I use lighted plastic nocks for hunting. They only recommend half moon nocks for all of their bows. The string is deep in the Trigger so I don't know if capture nocks will work? I shoot 22" arrows from my bow. These Mission bows are definitely easy to cock and quiet compared to recurves! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I just bought an MXB Dagger. Are 20” arrows and moon nocks the standard? Is it possible to use Firenocks, or should I just stick to moons? This is my first Mission and first semi railless bow. Up to this point, I’ve been a stupid-simple recurve shooter. ;) Thanks.
I used the Firenock J nocks with 20” shafts when I had my Dagger (I have some J nocks listed now in the classifieds).

Mine was not semi-railless though. My only issue was selling it - I miss that little gem. Good luck.

I believe the real issue was that the aluminum nocks had to be used with the MBX400 crossbow, I’m sure a lot of us shot J nocks with their Missions. If you build your own shafts, you need to have a 1 3/8” setback.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the Firenock J nocks with 20” shafts when I had my Dagger (I have some J nocks listed now in the classifieds).

Mine was not semi-railless though. My only issue was selling it - I miss that little gem. Good luck.

I believe the real issue was that the aluminum nocks had to be used with the MBX400 crossbow, I’m sure a lot of us shot J nocks with their Missions. If you build your own shafts, you need to have a 1 3/8” setback.
Thanks Tim. Getting by with Bloodsport Hunters and moon nocks for the time being. I like the bow, but not the trigger. Did a 15 target 3D shoot Tuesday (yeah, the bow only got here late Monday), and I flinched like a raw rookie for the first 5-6 shots, then hit 10s and 12s, but the shoot was mostly set close and easy. That trigger travel and rolling “break” sure do make an ultra solid follow through a must. :rolleyes: I did search for TT, but no one seems to have them anymore. If I decide to move it, I will let you know first.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
That trigger travel and rolling “break” sure do make an ultra solid follow through a must. :rolleyes: I did search for TT, but no one seems to have them anymore. If I decide to move it, I will let you know first.
So your’s does not have a TT trigger? Mine was involved in the recall and the new TT I got was a gem. I’d keep an eye on eBay for one. The Dagger is a sweet crossbow imo.

Can you post a picture of your Trigger?

·
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will get to that when I get a break. Pretty sure it's an original Mission trigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts