Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
2,456 Posts
Damn. In the market.....like what I see....but I really would like to not have to shoot after every hunt....
Just FYI, for what it's worth; A 5 gal pail of rags works like a charm to discharge into. I like it better then rope decocking.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I am getting antsy and may pull the trigger on an XP........24 inches just seems too small. The R26 already seems small.....what to do??????
The XP is a great bow but....the X1 has potential to be THE bow in my opinion. The LOP is the same on the X1 so in theory it should shoulder the same as the XP. The foregrip is adjustable on the X1 so with that moved forward it may actually feel a little less cramped then the XP. I am a 6' big guy and the XP feels surprisingly well. I did change out the foregrip..putting on an adjustable pass thru grip...more for ease of gripping in a treestand then comfort of the bow but it did make the bow an even better fit than it was. So yeah...choices...choices! Good luck with which ever way you go! I got the money around for an X1 this week and plan to order it next week before the money burns a hole in my pocket and I do something crazy. Way to many tempting bows coming up on the marketplace! 😁

·
Registered
805 Posts
Damn. In the market.....like what I see....but I really would like to not have to shoot after every hunt....
I have never had a crossbow you can discharge without shooting in a bag so I guess I dont have the same feelings on that as people who have. I am lucky,,,when hunting at my house I walk right by my target on the way back in. Easy, quick discharge. When I am hunting at my moms I have a yellow jacket discharge bag in the back of my side by side,,,,,throw it on the ground and discharge,,,simple,,,painless for me. I can see the draw to a bow you can decock but I really have no need for one. To each their own!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Same. Yellow jacket discharge bag. Size of a shoe box,$15.00. When done hunting I step off 30 yards and make sure xbow is on with discharge. If it does not hit perfect then I start dialing till it does. Packing in,pulling up by rope and lowering. Always good to check poi if your hunting again next morning. Good way to know.

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
358 Posts
I have never had a crossbow you can discharge without shooting in a bag so I guess I dont have the same feelings on that as people who have. I am lucky,,,when hunting at my house I walk right by my target on the way back in. Easy, quick discharge. When I am hunting at my moms I have a yellow jacket discharge bag in the back of my side by side,,,,,throw it on the ground and discharge,,,simple,,,painless for me. I can see the draw to a bow you can decock but I really have no need for one. To each their own!
I’ve only hunted private land one time, it’s always been public land. Was told no so many times I finally gave up. This next season may be different. I talked to a lady that has over 7000 acres just outside my town. Whitetail and muley. She told me about a neighbor last season that hunted pheasant and invited 15 guys she didn’t know about. She put and end to that. I gave her my sob story about being told no and told her I hunt by myself. She asked me what kind of hunting I did. Told her archery deer. She looked at me and said call me before next season starts. I have a lot of deer here. Happy guy right here.

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
358 Posts
Thats awesome Joel! 7000 acres...holy cow thats a lot. You could get lost on that and someone might not find you for months! Hopefully she lets you know around summertime so you can run some cameras, get some scouting done and get stands out. With that much land I hope you have an atv lol.
Good luck!
No atv but there’s quite a few two track roads. Yea I’d like to get some cameras up for sure

·
Registered
16 Posts
The XP is a great bow but....the X1 has potential to be THE bow in my opinion. The LOP is the same on the X1 so in theory it should shoulder the same as the XP. The foregrip is adjustable on the X1 so with that moved forward it may actually feel a little less cramped then the XP. I am a 6' big guy and the XP feels surprisingly well. I did change out the foregrip..putting on an adjustable pass thru grip...more for ease of gripping in a treestand then comfort of the bow but it did make the bow an even better fit than it was. So yeah...choices...choices! Good luck with which ever way you go! I got the money around for an X1 this week and plan to order it next week before the money burns a hole in my pocket and I do something crazy. Way to many tempting bows coming up on the marketplace! 😁
I am over 6’ as well, three shoulder surgeries, just gotta get the weight off the front. So many good options!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I havent had one either my man, but I hunt a lot of public land, and also on my private lease all I do is walk in and out. I’m ocd/anal about noise, and always just walk out with it loaded, then shoot it into a block. Even with a shoulder strap I don’t feel comfortable packing a cocked bow on my back. I walk over an hour to some spots. I pack too much stuff in on the public to also bring some type of target to discharge. It’s mostly swampland. Discharging into the ground has lost me quite a few arrows. Packing out cocked isn’t comfortable.

thats my reasoning. But if this bow is that sweet..... I guess I could learn to live without a decocker

1 - 20 of 413 Posts