Crossbow Nation banner

321 - 340 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Also, KI will have their own lighted nock coming soon. It should be loaded on their website next week. Having choices is good!
Talked to KI yesterday and they highly recommended half moon nocks and their nocks specifically. I will see what they have to offer when they get them on the site. If I don't care for them I will probably go with the Glory nocks in half moon this time or the luminocks you posted. I really like how easy it is to turn the glory nocks off. Incidentally he also said the vanetec swift 3.15s I have will work with no issues and only to offset in 1 or 2 degrees. Jerry is making me some now in 1 degree offset so should be good to go! 😊

·
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
I talked to Burt Coyote. They are dropping the Parker nock from their line up. But, they are coming up with a nock that should work really well. I believe they are available now and replaces their moon nocks. They are available in HD orange and green right now and later in pink. The first picture is the new nock on the right and the Parker on the left. The next is comparing to the Tenpoint Alpha nock, the last is how they have changed the nock to have a better fit by running the fitting rib along the whole shank. I like it!
Also, KI will have their own lighted nock coming soon. It should be loaded on their website next week. Having choices is good!

Good info Don...

I hope they can ship those new nocks to Canada when I need them! :)

·
3,635 Posts
Does the CP 400 use Ravin nocks/bushings?
Not 100% sure, but they do use a bushing, and it’s bigger ID than .246 ( CP nocks had to be turned down/sanded to fit in a .246 ID GT. It was just a guess that they would be the same bushing, with their business partnership.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
I talked to Burt Coyote. They are dropping the Parker nock from their line up. But, they are coming up with a nock that should work really well. I believe they are available now and replaces their moon nocks. They are available in HD orange and green right now and later in pink. The first picture is the new nock on the right and the Parker on the left. The next is comparing to the Tenpoint Alpha nock, the last is how they have changed the nock to have a better fit by running the fitting rib along the whole shank. I like it!

Not sure if i like them !!
The alphas that i shot drove the center serving to separate right in the center of the serving , it was acting like a wedge when the force of the string was applied .
After shooting the parker a bunch i noticed the string rounding the sharp corners in the XP .
I am now testing firenock D3 nocks .
hopefully a stronger material !!
They are the green nocks on the GT"s in the pick below .

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Right now, my favorite arrow combo is indexed Tapp shafts, Heat vanes, with an ARC nock. I was testing at 60 yards today, and I am getting great results. I think with the right conditions this setup is MOA accurate at 100 yards. I will be trying to prove this statement soon.
I have some of those nocks here and they will get tested soon out of my XP , good looking knock IMO !!

·
5,374 Posts
Not sure if i like them !!
The alphas that i shot drove the center serving to separate right in the center of the serving , it was acting like a wedge when the force of the string was applied .
After shooting the parker a bunch i noticed the string rounding the sharp corners in the XP .
I am now testing firenock D3 nocks .
hopefully a stronger material !!
They are the green nocks on the GT"s in the pick below .
View attachment 195643
Burky, I’ve always gotten better range results when shooting orr a purple towel.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Well, it's no wonder that you and Burky get such good results. Yawl cheat by using a purple towel for a shooting table cover. It is such a sad experience to learn those you thought were your hero's cheated. BUMMER!!
I am at walmart now with a cart full of purple towels. IF they ever quit making them I wanna be set for life.

If in 3 days this changes to a brown towel is most accurate I will have them for sale on the marketplace. 🤣🤣🤣

·
2,004 Posts
I am at walmart now with a cart full of purple towels. IF they ever quit making them I wanna be set for life.

If in 3 days this changes to a brown towel is most accurate I will have them for sale on the marketplace. 🤣🤣🤣
There is a problem though. Neither Burky or SEW studied under the "Purple Towel Preparation Manual For Taking Photographs."
Rule #1 in the manual states that prior to clicking the shutter, remove all towel wrinkles that may interfere with the subject matter. 😁

·
Registered
825 Posts
There is a problem though. Neither Burky or SEW studied under the "Purple Towel Preparation Manual For Taking Photographs."
Rule #1 in the manual states that prior to clicking the shutter, remove all towel wrinkles that may interfere with the subject matter. 😁
Now that you mention it I am pretty disappointed in their lack of attention to details. Expected better from those 2... 😆

·
Registered
509 Posts

If in 3 days this changes to a brown towel is most accurate I will have them for sale on the marketplace.
Its like your flat nocks, its not purple, its a fuschia shade of blue. Keep your receipt, walmart takes everything back. Lol!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

321 - 340 of 435 Posts