Crossbow Nation banner

361 - 380 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just to be clear here, when I said that improvements will not stop, I did NOT mean on the X1. I meant new models as years go by.
The X1 is done and they are currently in production.
I got that.... and I saw the pic of your design that balances the string and the cams......if that comes to market I’ll defiantly be a buyer..... I have brand new R10 though, and a house under construction.... Wife would kill me if I bought 2 $1K crossbows in 2 months.....LOL

·
5,374 Posts
I got that.... and I saw the pic of your design that balances the string and the cams......if that comes to market I’ll defiantly be a buyer..... I have brand new R10 though, and a house under construction.... Wife would kill me if I bought 2 $1K crossbows in 2 months.....LOL
I’ve been following Oldflyer’s innovative designs for over 4 years now. His enclosed rail, outstanding trigger and still patented rear latch are beginning to receive the recognition that they’ve long deserved.

Two more innovations remain to be added to these three: the over/under cable system and Jeff’s very innovative arrow designs (yes, multiple designs).

Jeff thinks “out of the box”. I’m convinced that the X1 is by far the most value ridden crossbow ever made. It has 3 of Jeff’s unique designs plus KI’s own outstanding, innovative cam. This cam is a major leap forward all by itself. Combined with Jeff’s design, the X1 is a winner.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'm shocked the X1 will have vane limitations. That is something new and should be well published prior to roll out.
Just my opinion, but would have been annoying after purchase.
My tenpoint has vane limitations as well. No blazers, too tall.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I’ve been reading that tensions between Taiwan and China are heating up. I wonder if that could delay the X1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Boy I hope not. Waiting till July is gonna make me insane...
To be honest when I read about it that was my first thoughts too then I felt a little guilty for thinking about a crossbow when a nation was being threatened by a powerful communist country.
I hope it gets resolved peacefully and Taiwan can go about their business but I guess we’ll see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
5,374 Posts
In preparation for the upcoming X1 video, I’ve been practicing at 100 yards, wind and low wind so I’ll be ready on that day regardless of conditions.
Using self fletched 20” Zombies, 92g DT inserts, 125g match points, 1 degree offset Heat vanes, I kept getting <1” impact points shooting at deer decoy/tgts. NO, THE ORIGINAL SWAT AND XP WILL NOT DO THIS! Close but not the same. Nor will the Aculeus 460 even with a 14X scope. The X1 is in a league by itself. Best groups have been with a plastic flat nock, not a moon nock. I think with the new opened up riser (I don’t have but Bmiller has) the moon nocks would be as accurate.
This is significantly the most accurate xbow I’ve ever shot!
I’m subconsiously dragging out sending it back.

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
In preparation for the upcoming X1 video, I’ve been practicing at 100 yards, wind and low wind so I’ll be ready on that day regardless of conditions.
Using self fletched 20” Zombies, 92g DT inserts, 125g match points, 1 degree offset Heat vanes, I kept getting <1” impact points shooting at deer decoy/tgts. NO, THE ORIGINAL SWAT AND XP WILL NOT DO THIS! Close but not the same. Nor will the Aculeus 460 even with a 14X scope. The X1 is in a league by itself. Best groups have been with a plastic flat nock, not a moon nock. I think with the new opened up riser (I don’t have but Bmiller has) the moon nocks would be as accurate.
This is significantly the most accurate xbow I’ve ever shot!
I’m subconsiously dragging out sending it back.
Dang!
Those are some impressive results, Steve.
Thanks for sharing with us and keep the great info coming!

361 - 380 of 435 Posts