Crossbow Nation banner

401 - 420 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
For the guys that have pre orders. Where did you order from?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Northwoods Outlet in Pinconning, MI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,434 Posts
I expect that the X1 will be introduced with virtually no or no introductory problems. That’s very rare for flagship model crossbows. The most well known companies have had well publicized problems: Bowtech - multiple, Scorpyd - multiple, Ten Point - absolutely, Mission, Excalibur - on and on after the original long limb models, etc.

KI had problems also with the SWAT - pivot arms but easy fix and smooth sailing since, and the XP - cams, cables, limbs but virtually eliminated early on but after introduction.

The X1 has undergone a few changes that made an incredible crossbow even greater. The riser vane/arrow exit has been opened to allow more vane choices and to eliminate vane interference. Plus, the excellent cams have been modified to allow easier cable and string changes and to virtually eliminate wear. String and cable composition and serving material has been refined also. FWIW, I have 370 +/- 10 or so, shots through mine on the old, inferior set. Brian has the new sets and is doing well with them. I’m hesitant to change anything on this prototype since its shooting MOA or less at 100 yards. My last 60-70 shots have all been at 100 yards.

Finally, next week the video’r should be here for doing videos on the X1, a new video on the XP (concerning a year’s usage, >1,000 shots), and a video on just what an enclosed barrel offers verses a rail.

Once again, until an X1 is shot, it just cannot be fully appreciated. I just can’t imagine what would happen if every brick and mortar bow shop had one and required that everyone buying a crossbow had to cock and shoot an X1 before buying any crossbow.

Actually, I can imagine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bow hunting outlet. Signed up for free membership $1069 and some pennies
I just signed up for membership at Bow Hunting Outlet then looked for Killer Instinct. The reply said no products found. Then I used the search function for Killer Instinct SWAT X-1 and the reply came back and said no such products listed. I looked EVERYWHERE on that site and they do not seem to know what I am talking about. So what magic wording did you guys use to order your SWAT X-1 from them????

NEVER MIND. I looked up the SWAT X-1 on Duck Duck Go and on the same page as KI was Bow Hunting outlet and an ad for the SWAT X-1. I don't understand some of these places where the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing. It makes me dam suspicious as to whether or not they know what is going on, so I'll just order direct from KI and KNOW they know what is going on.

Thanks for the lnfo though. I managed to track down an X=1 even if I did manage to stumble into it. Who sez an old dog can't learn new tricks??

Yeah, yeah. I know about the blind squirrel being able to find acorns. 🙂

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just signed up for membership at Bow Hunting Outlet then looked for Killer Instinct. The reply said no products found. Then I used the search function for Killer Instinct SWAT X-1 and the reply came back and said no such products listed. I looked EVERYWHERE on that site and they do not seem to know what I am talking about. So what magic wording did you guys use to order your SWAT X-1 from them????

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks Bubba. We blind squirrels need all the help we can get. When and IF I get my hands on one of those X-1 thingies, I'm going to need some more help in ordering some arrows for it, but I am NOT ordering anything until I get my hands on it. Already been down that road and it was a dead end with no turn around. And at tha end of that road, somebody had thrown out an old Lazy Boy recliner but it was all wet or I would have loaded it up in my pickup and took it home. Dang it. I'm always too late to get tha good stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Bubba. We blind squirrels need all the help we can get. When and IF I get my hands on one of those X-1 thingies, I'm going to need some more help in ordering some arrows for it, but I am NOT ordering anything until I get my hands on it. Already been down that road and it was a dead end with no turn around. And at tha end of that road, somebody had thrown out an old Lazy Boy recliner but it was all wet or I would have loaded it up in my pickup and took it home. Dang it. I'm always too late to get tha good stuff.
I’m looking forward to getting my hands on one as well.

·
5,434 Posts
Mr. OLDFLYER, is the statement by SEW above, highlighted in blue, true or not?
It does not make sense to me.
No big deal, just curious.
The string is held midlevel of the barrel. Though there is some downpressure on the string, i doubt that it is even 2% of the forward pressure. The dental marking powder shows that the string goes straight to the center at the beginning and stays there until arrow release, at which time it drops to the lower rail. It does not ride up into the moon nock like i earlier thought.

401 - 420 of 496 Posts