Crossbow Nation banner

421 - 440 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
Excalibur Axe Kryptek Raid
101 Posts
So does that mean that flat nocks will work fine in the X1 ?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just signed up for membership at Bow Hunting Outlet then looked for Killer Instinct. The reply said no products found. Then I used the search function for Killer Instinct SWAT X-1 and the reply came back and said no such products listed. I looked EVERYWHERE on that site and they do not seem to know what I am talking about. So what magic wording did you guys use to order your SWAT X-1 from them????

NEVER MIND. I looked up the SWAT X-1 on Duck Duck Go and on the same page as KI was Bow Hunting outlet and an ad for the SWAT X-1. I don't understand some of these places where the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing. It makes me dam suspicious as to whether or not they know what is going on, so I'll just order direct from KI and KNOW they know what is going on.

Thanks for the lnfo though. I managed to track down an X=1 even if I did manage to stumble into it. Who sez an old dog can't learn new tricks??

Yeah, yeah. I know about the blind squirrel being able to find acorns. 🙂
Glad you got it sorted out. I’m technologically intolerant also. I followed a link someone posted here to find it. I ran into the same problem you did when I went directly to the site just to check the in stock date. It took me some searching to find it. The date had changed to may 19th and now when I check it says no date available. Maybe someone on here with some inside info can update us on when they are shipping to dealers???

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've been reading Steve's comments for I guess a couple of years now and have always marveled at his calm, rational, linier approach which is consistent with being a pilot, engineer, scientist, or architect. But it seems apparent that he is also an outdoorsman who likes to fish and hunt and when you live in the south like he and I do, we have a LOT OF PLACES and long hunting seasons to do all of those kinds of things. I just spent 10 days turkey hunting in Alabama and Mississippi and all the while doing that I was thinking about how good the fishing is this time of the year and that I ought to be doing that. And in addition to those things, it seems like grass grows about a foot a week unless it rains and then it grows two feet a week this time of the year and you can see in other video's that Steve has a lot of it to keep cut as do I. Thank goodness for these new wide cut, zero turn mowers with big, high horse power engines on them. They are worth every Penney they cost even if they are not cheap. They make quick work out of lawn / yard / pond dam maintenance and a tractor with a bush hog attached takes care of the rest of it.

So we are fortunate that he is giving us as much of his time as he is, ESPECIALLY GIVEN this time of the year when there are so many other things to do. And since there seems to be no time or date certain when the X-1 will be available, IF it ever is available because the Chinese may invade Taiwan or the Philippines any day now which is going to throw a monkey wrench into any crossbow deliveries. So when hunting seasons are over and it's too hot to fish, then there will be plenty of time to make a video and have it out before any X-1's are available for delivery.

I am like you and probably a lot of others here, I am looking forward to it, but as a sportsman in the south, I know there are a LOT OF OTHER THINGS I would rather be doing other than making a video, if I even knew how to make a video. But that is ANOTHER of those technical things I have no idea how to do and yesterday I GAVE UP on the I-Phone my wife got for me after my old Jitterbug phone died and ordered another old man, Jitterbug-2 phone. Maybe I can figure out how to turn it on. Or not. But as Dirty Harry said, " a man has got to know his limitations."

It was 32 degrees here on the mountain this morning. Sure am glad I didn't plant my tomato's or peppers before now, but as soon as it warms up, I'm going to plant them and that is ANOTHER THING we have to do this time of the year. And watermelons, cantaloupes, butter beans, okra, pole beans, corn, squash, cucumbers, onions, and well, you get the drift. Stuff to eat, freeze and /or can.

So we are lucky if Steve does manage to make a video cause I don't know where he has time to do that.

·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
I've been reading Steve's comments for I guess a couple of years now and have always marveled at his calm, rational, linier approach which is consistent with being a pilot, engineer, scientist, or architect. But it seems apparent that he is also an outdoorsman who likes to fish and hunt and when you live in the south like he and I do, we have a LOT OF PLACES and long hunting seasons to do all of those kinds of things. I just spent 10 days turkey hunting in Alabama and Mississippi and all the while doing that I was thinking about how good the fishing is this time of the year and that I ought to be doing that. And in addition to those things, it seems like grass grows about a foot a week unless it rains and then it grows two feet a week this time of the year and you can see in other video's that Steve has a lot of it to keep cut as do I. Thank goodness for these new wide cut, zero turn mowers with big, high horse power engines on them. They are worth every Penney they cost even if they are not cheap. They make quick work out of lawn / yard / pond dam maintenance and a tractor with a bush hog attached takes care of the rest of it.

So we are fortunate that he is giving us as much of his time as he is, ESPECIALLY GIVEN this time of the year when there are so many other things to do. And since there seems to be no time or date certain when the X-1 will be available, IF it ever is available because the Chinese may invade Taiwan or the Philippines any day now which is going to throw a monkey wrench into any crossbow deliveries. So when hunting seasons are over and it's too hot to fish, then there will be plenty of time to make a video and have it out before any X-1's are available for delivery.

I am like you and probably a lot of others here, I am looking forward to it, but as a sportsman in the south, I know there are a LOT OF OTHER THINGS I would rather be doing other than making a video, if I even knew how to make a video. But that is ANOTHER of those technical things I have no idea how to do and yesterday I GAVE UP on the I-Phone my wife got for me after my old Jitterbug phone died and ordered another old man, Jitterbug-2 phone. Maybe I can figure out how to turn it on. Or not. But as Dirty Harry said, " a man has got to know his limitations."

It was 32 degrees here on the mountain this morning. Sure am glad I didn't plant my tomato's or peppers before now, but as soon as it warms up, I'm going to plant them and that is ANOTHER THING we have to do this time of the year. And watermelons, cantaloupes, butter beans, okra, pole beans, corn, squash, cucumbers, onions, and well, you get the drift. Stuff to eat, freeze and /or can.

So we are lucky if Steve does manage to make a video cause I don't know where he has time to do that.
So in other words Steve will do the video review when he has time... :)

·
2,232 Posts

I'm pretty sure that Steve does not own a ride'm mower. I own a zero turn and a 4 wheel drive lawn tractor but Steve cuts more grass than I do. I'm not sure when he has the time to do what he does! But I know why he has a push mower.💪

·
Registered
73 Posts
Push mower??? Surely you jest??? Just the grass visible in the video he did on the SWAT XP makes a big, wide cut, zero turn mower desirable and useful. Heck, I wouldn't want to even cut his pond dam with a PUSH MOWER!!! The thought of doing that In July or August in the hot, humid south makes me hot, tired, and thirsty just thinking about it. Now I'm going to have to go lay down in the porch swing and take a nap to get over this.

·
2,232 Posts
Push mower??? Surely you jest??? Just the grass visible in the video he did on the SWAT XP makes a big, wide cut, zero turn mower desirable and useful. Heck, I wouldn't want to even cut his pond dam with a PUSH MOWER!!! The thought of doing that In July or August in the hot, humid south makes me hot, tired, and thirsty just thinking about it. Now I'm going to have to go lay down in the porch swing and take a nap to get over this.
I have nightmares of my mowers going down!🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
927 Posts
I am right there with you! I only have a little over an acre to mow and use a 60" Kubota diesel zero turn. Makes mowing fun...well for the 45 minutes it now takes me compared to almost 2 hrs when I did it with a 52" Husqvarna rider. I have a lot of other crap I can do besides spending hours mowing...like shooting my XP and X1 when it gets here!

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Im the trains engineer lol....

get cha some a this boys...

I thought of a self propelled lawnmower guided by a CPU and servo motors with encoders in 1983.
Walk it once around the yard in "Teach" or "Learn" mode then it would do the rest as the path would be stored in non-volatile memory.
Ultrasonic sensors for collision avoidance.
Gas powered back then as lead-acid batteries would have weighed a ton.
So many shoulda, woulda, couldas...too busy to act on 'em.
OK, back to Swat X1.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am right there with you! I only have a little over an acre to mow and use a 60" Kubota diesel zero turn. Makes mowing fun...well for the 45 minutes it now takes me compared to almost 2 hrs when I did it with a 52" Husqvarna rider. I have a lot of other crap I can do besides spending hours mowing...like shooting my XP and X1 when it gets here!
What kind of “acre” do you have? Lol! I have an old Deere 42” and knock out 2 acres in less than an hour with tree obsticals everywhere

·
5,434 Posts
I’ve been to a smokeless MLing shoot a few miles NE of Cyanthina KY for the past two days, so have been off line.

I’ll respond to various points ....

Mowing - I push mow as much as I can for exercise. Takes about 9 hours to mow the entire yard with the push mower 2 to 2 1/2 hrs max a day. Boo and I both have 54” cut Kubota GR 2120 mowers (4 wd 18 hp diesel , about the size of JD 300 series). Time depending, I use it some - 3 hard hours can finish the yard.

KI - this is an up and coming company. There is no sense of arrogance, know it all, etc; rather, just a quest for making what they have the best possible. The enclosed rail, slight downward pressure string situation has plusses and minuses. This are is still being explored. Currently best accuracy seems to be the Arc nock (from the XP) or a traditional flat nock. Initial testing before the modified risers indicated moon nocks to not be as consistent; however, after the modification that will be on production bows, this may change. The moon nocks add 3-5’/sec.

KI has not changed the July 1 delivery date.

The X1 will easily handle 19” arrows. I believe that the ideal arrow to be a 19” Zombie, 110g DT insert, 100g point, Heat vanes with 1 degree offset, slightly radiused flat plastic nocks or Arc nocks. My 20” Zombies (92g DT insert, 125g match field points), 1 degree offset Heat vanes and slightly radiused flat plastic nocks are staying an inch or less at 100 yards. No other crossbow or set of arrows have ever done this.

I think the flat plastic nock will induce slightly greater serving wear than the Arc nock which will be more than the moon nock. After the riser mod (I don’t have this mod - Brian does) , the moon nock may be as accurate - I think it will.

This X1 still fills more #1 blocks than any other crossbow I’ve ever used. Accuracy, size, trigger, total lack of hand shock, safety, value/money, no hassle warrenty, string/cable longivity, balance, quietness, likely others.

I’m expecting that the SWAT X1 will be “the” crossbow of 2021 and likely remain very popular and available for a while to come.

421 - 440 of 496 Posts