Crossbow Nation banner

441 - 460 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here’s a review that was posted on Facebook. He went over a lot of things I knew but I did learn of the picatinny rail underneath the barrel that allows the fore grip to be adjusted.
Sure looks like a sweet little bow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Great video. Thanks for sharing! I really like the picatinny rail that makes the fore grip adjustable. I installed one on my XP and got an adjustable for grip for it. It is actually a foregrip from a Rocky Mountain 405. Like it a lot more than the stock grip on the XP. Much nicer when in a treestand especially taking off my bow hook since my fingers can pass thru it. Good job KI addressing the minor faults of the XP!

·
5,434 Posts
I think he did a great video. He covered the main points very well. His bow certainly has the opened up riser for more vane choices.

If he’d had the chance to shoot it more, he would have had trouble at containing his excitement.

A few points to clarify: arrows. 19” will work well and will be what I use. However,up to 22” is fine.

Nocks: Moon, Arc or flat. Moon nocks shoot a few ‘/sec faster as the string stays off the rail. However, without the riser modification, there was some vane interference with factory vanes. I’ve been shooting plastic flat nocks with at least MOA accuracy thru 100 yards. Brian Miller has had great accuracy with Arc nocks. When the press mod comes in, I’ll open up the vane exits and revisit moon nocks. Looks like all 3 nocks will work fine.

As he mentioned, cocking is much easier with the X1 vs the XP. The X1 is much quieter and has no hand shock compared to the XP Which has some,

What he couldn’t tell yet, accuracy just has to be experienced. This bow deserves a good, after market sighting system. I agree with him, that the Lumix scope is better than most package scopes; but if you bought an outstandingly accurate rifle, you wouldn’t leave an entry level scope on it.

·
5,434 Posts
I kept expecting a Honda Ridgeland to come barreling into the picture and the sandal wearing usurper gettin a ass whooping. :ROFLMAO:
Seriously, I think he gave a great review. He covered the differences between the XP and X1 very well. I find more “corrections” or “additions” to my own reviews than I did to his.
The big difference will be when he shoots it, especially out to 100 yards.
My evaluations are always heavily skewed towards accuracy from 50-100 yards with optimal arrows and optics. That’s the primary reason for being enamored in the SWAT series, especially the tiny X1.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Seriously, I think he gave a great review. He covered the differences between the XP and X1 very well. I find more “corrections” or “additions” to my own reviews than I did to his.
The big difference will be when he shoots it, especially out to 100 yards.
My evaluations are always heavily skewed towards accuracy from 50-100 yards with optimal arrows and optics. That’s the primary reason for being enamored in the SWAT series, especially the tiny X1.
Any idea how close to production specs his xbow was?

441 - 460 of 496 Posts