Crossbow Nation banner

541 - 560 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just confirmed the new date is 8/1/21 with my dealer. More slow boat from China issues as expected.

Sadly if it’s delayed again past that date I’ll be waiting until next year for the X1 to join the stable. I want time to ensure the bow is ready for our opening day and by August I’m usual shooting 3-4 times per week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dynamo61

·
3,825 Posts
Sad news. I decided to go with a Darton, which apparently has a number of parts that come from the same country as the SWATs. Waiting for parts to assemble bows. :rolleyes: My only counter was to have my other 3 bows sighted in with broadheads in case the delays extend too far into this year. Now that vaccines have, in ways, returned the mind to a state closer to normalcy, there are still many things that haven’t caught up yet. One of my son’s best friends and his fiancé are living in Denmark. They recently came home specifically so they could get vaccinated. In Denmark, they would have had to wait until August-September.

·
2,451 Posts
Curious, with rail being internal how do you lube the rail?
SEW is using a Q tip. I just rub some wax on the cables and strings at the edge of the barrel and push it in. I am using silicone oil but don't reapply often but the was is every 30 shots or every shooting session, which ever comes first. Once it is cocked, I rub the wax on the cables and string as well.

Reactions: BHC

·
5,626 Posts
Sad news. I decided to go with a Darton, which apparently has a number of parts that come from the same country as the SWATs. Waiting for parts to assemble bows. :rolleyes: My only counter was to have my other 3 bows sighted in with broadheads in case the delays extend too far into this year. Now that vaccines have, in ways, returned the mind to a state closer to normalcy, there are still many things that haven’t caught up yet. One of my son’s best friends and his fiancé are living in Denmark. They recently came home specifically so they could get vaccinated. In Denmark, they would have had to wait until August-September.
Joe,
I’ll be praying for you.

·
3,825 Posts
Joe,
I’ll be praying for you.
I’m ok Steve. Just decided to wait it out. Passed up Scott’s XP that he recently put on Market Place. Actually had minor surgery today (NBD), but I won’t be able to shoot for 3-4 weeks, so I will have to wait anyway. If I’m not impressed with the Darton, it may go and I will get that X1 for next year.

·
2,451 Posts
I suspect that you’ll be impressed with the Darton. I don’t think KI will be going out of business anytime soon.
Darton was recently bought by Black Eagle Arrow. I doubt they’ve sorted out their exact direction yet. If they do to Darton like they have with arrows, they’ll be a real competition. There’s no doubt in my mind that KI is going places fast.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I picked up an NXT400 last week. I feel like the X1 ship date is going to be a repeat of last years XP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
13,788 Posts
Not feeling too confident about 8/1 with the Fatal X now showing 8/15.....:(:cry::mad:
I don't really see that as a problem because we are in Summertime now and have a while to go before Archery deer season opens. I would rather get a new bow a week or so before the opener so I could give it a good shakedown while sighting it in then hunting with it and still have time to return it if I did not like it. I can take a NIB crossbow and have it hunt ready in a few hours usually. Get one now and the return period is over if you decide it will not work for you when hunting with it.
JMO!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Not feeling too confident about 8/1 with the Fatal X now showing 8/15.....:(:cry::mad:
I wonder why they changed the ship date of the Fatal to 8/15 and the X1 still says July 1st? Maybe they are putting all their effort into getting the X1 out earlier so they put the Fatal on the back burner... Hey,..a guy can dream cant he?!.. Don't judge me...🙄 🤪🤣

·
Registered
256 Posts
I wonder why they changed the ship date of the Fatal to 8/15 and the X1 still says July 1st? Maybe they are putting all their effort into getting the X1 out earlier so they put the Fatal on the back burner... Hey,..a guy can dream cant he?!.. Don't judge me...
That could be. I’m hearing that Ravin has stopped production on all models except for the 500 to get it on the market ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
5,626 Posts
Unfortunately, I understand Aug 1 is the KI stated date for the X1.

Back to some previous comments, a crossbow can be set up ready to hunt in 1-4 hours, if the components are in place before getting the crossbow. I THOUGHT I had the perfect arrows all ready to recommend for the XP and X1 until all this hoopla about the Easton protrusion shafts. Now, I have some coming and hope to test next week.

‘Since the X1 shoots virtually anything quite accurately, arrow selection doesn’t have to be a difficult process. An incredibly accurate is a spine indexed, 20” Zombie/Spynal Tapp, 92 or 110g insert (I use double tapps) and a 100 or 125g point (or more), with Heat vanes in very light offset and a flat plastic nock.

Farm Deer is considering a plastic Arc nock. This will likely be the ultimate for the X1 as will possibly the protrusion shafts. I’m still testing and comparing the Heat vanes vs the 1.85 AAE vanes at controlling various expandibles. More FOC just seems to improve everything so I’d go with 110 g inserts. Unfortunately, the expandibles I will use don’t come in 125 grains.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

Back to some previous comments, a crossbow can be set up ready to hunt in 1-4 hours, if the components are in place before getting the crossbow. I THOUGHT I had the perfect arrows all ready to recommend for the XP and X1 until all this hoopla about the Easton protrusion shafts. Now, I have some coming and hope to test next week.

‘Since the X1 shoots virtually anything quite accurately, arrow selection doesn’t have to be a difficult process. An incredibly accurate is a spine indexed, 20” Zombie/Spynal Tapp, 92 or 110g insert (I use double tapps) and a 100 or 125g point (or more), with Heat vanes in very light offset and a flat plastic nock.

Farm Deer is considering a plastic Arc nock. This will likely be the ultimate for the X1 as will possibly the protrusion shafts. I’m still testing and comparing the Heat vanes vs the 1.85 AAE vanes at controlling various expandibles. More FOC just seems to improve everything so I’d go with 110 g inserts. Unfortunately, the expandibles I will use don’t come in 125 grains.
Yeah...August 1st..ish is the date I have gotten as well. I was just being a smartass with my last post.

I am going to roll with the 20" Tapps, heat vanes, 92 grain DT inserts, 125 grain field points and Glorynock half moons for practice. Going with BEE's, 110g brass inserts, same glorynocks and Truglo titanium X 100g for hunting. Both setups will weigh within a few grains of each other. I really wish they made the TG's in 125 or 150g.

I have been paying attention to the 9mm posts and might try some of them for my next arrow purchase (won't be this year). The plastic arc nock sounds interesting but I am not going to change unless someone comes up with a lighted arc nock. :)

Have you been able to do anymore testing comparing flat and halfmoons yet? I am using the moons because I like the idea of the string staying off the rail some. Seems like there would be less center serving wear. If the half moons don't affect my accuracy out to 60 yards I will be sticking with them. If it is the difference between a 1" group and a 2" group at 100 yards I can live with that as well. :p:)

Thanks Steve!

·
2,451 Posts
A plastic nock would be great especially if they had illuminated counterparts! I'd like to use them on any bow I can. The Excaliburs are pretty harsh on flat plastic nocks. Some of the high poundage really put the tariff on the edges.
Edit, I meant ARC nocks

·
2,451 Posts
That could be. I’m hearing that Ravin has stopped production on all models except for the 500 to get it on the market ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I doubt there’s any companies that are not having supply problems. Even getting containers to ship is a problem. Aluminum, resins, string material, serving material and a whole lot more are difficult at the moment. It’s crazy out there! If it’s true about Ravin, that might be their best move.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts

Sew, I know your passion and enthusiasm for KI Swat but once you get these Versa Nocks in hands with EASTON 9MM or your arrow of choice I think it's going to add that extra level or nuance for Swat X1 accuracy. Lot of testing and engineering has been exhausted into this nock. Oh, and there is a lighted nock version in play as well. To me all of this equals to a value add to KI shooters. What I like about the nock is it will work nicely with doubled served center serving and thinner serving bowstrings.

Are you or any other testers shooting 19" arrows? If so is there clearance or space in the riser well-channel for mechanical or fix BH's?

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
I doubt there’s any companies that are not having supply problems. Even getting containers to ship is a problem. Aluminum, resins, string material, serving material and a whole lot more are difficult at the moment. It’s crazy out there! If it’s true about Ravin, that might be their best move.
I started a Lake Cabin build in February. Looks like it may not get done till 2022. What a f'd up world/supply chain. I'm buying as much as I can early to keep costs from escalating. To think I'm going on 4th month to get concrete and excavators to finish their contracts. Oh, and they don't get paid till job is complete. So this plays out to all things including the Xbow OEMs here on CBN.

Was hoping to get a KI Swat X1 before August 13th hunt for Colorado. I don't expect that to happen. Not pissed, it's the world we live in now. So when it happens it happens.

541 - 560 of 570 Posts