Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I couldn’t find my recent post but I think it shot 368 fps in May when it was 68º.

I’ve been trying to get the Parker Pin Point sighted in at 25 yards this entire time - shaft #1 was dead nuts at 25 yards recently. This morning when it was almost 80º, it shot about 2” high at the same 25 yard setting, same thing with shaft #2.

Either it’s shooting higher when it’s warmer or I’m not getting the turret reset correctly when I lift it and reposition it for the 25 yardage mark on the tape (which I doubt).

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing a change with their DS in warmer weather? Thanks.

Well duh . . . I just remembered - I switched from puck hooks down to hooks up and this is the first time I’ve shot it that way. I think Burky mentioned something about changing the string pressure on the rail - I’ll have to see if I can find that post.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My experience is deer (30°), turkey (50°) and summer target shooting (80°). A wide temperature range and no adjustments necessary unless changes made in arrow weight or FOC. After 3 years and hundreds of shots, my experience indicates the DS is solid.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
I couldn’t find my recent post but I think it shot 368 fps in May when it was 68º.

I’ve been trying to get the Parker Pin Point sighted in at 25 yards this entire time - shaft #1 was dead nuts at 25 yards recently. This morning when it was almost 80º, it shot about 2” high at the same 25 yard setting, same thing with shaft #2.

Either it’s shooting higher when it’s warmer or I’m not getting the turret reset correctly when I lift it and reposition it for the 25 yardage mark on the tape (which I doubt).

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing a change with their DS in warmer weather? Thanks.

Well duh . . . I just remembered - I switched from puck hooks down to hooks up and this is the first time I’ve shot it that way. I think Burky mentioned something about changing the string pressure on the rail - I’ll have to see if I can find that post.
I do think that is the answer. :)

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do believe Robert is right. My string is barely touching the rail now - it had to affect something.

Actually it works out to my advantage. I have a 365 PPP tape on the dial now, and with that higher poi, I had to move the elevation down (CW rotation) and that new 25 yard alignment allows me to rotate the up elevation to about 70 yards now (was 60 yards or so).

Looks like a win-win.

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
Mine is doing fine also. Like the day I got it. February 7th, 2018 from WyvernCreations.com
No shift in POI after I got the limb bolt to stop backing out. Which, ironically, my Nemesis is doing the same thing. Except, it's just one out of the 2 on each limb. I'm able to catch it in time with a half a turn. I index all my fasteners with a Sharpe. This way I can tell if one starts moving and correct it before it's too late.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts