Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am waiting, this last week was too rainy, warm, humid for me. South west MI
I did pull camera cards and there was a 10pt opening day at one site.
Plant Deer Organism Natural landscape Grass

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
East central Wisconsin today, high of 75, and tomorrow rain likely. :( Weather is like politics, you can talk about it all day long, but you won't change it. ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Lows in the 50's highs in the 80's around here. I have been out a few times. As I am new to stalking (ghillie suit), I view the weather as an opportunity to improve my skills. I try and learn something new or improve each time out. Ditched my turkey chair for one of those heat seats. Much easier to carry and makes no noise. Be safe out there and keep your chin up. You never know what might be out there or walk by.

·
Registered
848 Posts
In the garden state, for better then the last five years it seems we are a month behind what the weather used to do. I have to wait to put the garden in till memorial day because of rogue frost nights. In the fall, October has more September weather in it with most days being at or above 75 degrees. We don't seem to get our first frost till mid November anymore. As a kid, I remember some snow or flurries on Halloween.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Went last weekend,poured down rain Saturday,so crappy fished on covered dock. 2 limits,mine and wifes. Sunday morning humid,leaves still green and thick. Visibility pretty small. Unless they walked right under me no way was getting a shot. Skipping this weekend and going next. Supposed to drop temps this week.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I look forward to the beginning of the season like a kid at Christmas, and this year was like getting up in the morning and not finding any presents. With the high temps and humidity in my area (North Central IL) deer movement has really been limited. I have been sticking to public land hunts because I don't want to burn out my better private land set ups during this heat. I have deer on the cameras I have set up on my private land, but almost all the movement is limited to darkness, with just a few hours at dawn and dusk. I know that is typical, but damn I wish the temps would drop, how about the rest of you- are others in my part of the country seeing/feeling this as well?
I'm with ya. Southern Will County here and yes, weather and humidity is still too high for me too. So I guess this weekend will be riding the Harley cause that season is coming to an end quickly 🙃

·
Registered
Baltimore, MD - Ten Point Viper S400
821 Posts
I live in Maryland. I had a good first week or two and then - the weather went into heat! Looks like at least another week in the low 80's. Good luck Inspector98 on them sika. DON"T FORGET YOUR THERMACELL! Those darn mosquitos will carry you off. The weight of the Thermacell will keep your feet on the ground!

·
12,620 Posts
In the garden state, for better then the last five years it seems we are a month behind what the weather used to do. I have to wait to put the garden in till memorial day because of rogue frost nights. In the fall, October has more September weather in it with most days being at or above 75 degrees. We don't seem to get our first frost till mid November anymore. As a kid, I remember some snow or flurries on Halloween.
Yeah, and ... a White Christmas that used to be somewhat common never happens anymore. I've seen photos of them sawing ice blocks out of the Hudson River around West Point only a little more than a hundred years ago. The Hudson hasn't frozen since I can remember.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I and a couple buddies have hunted about every day since Sep 15th for elk, mulies and antelope... archery and rifle of some sorts. It has been pitiful. Mule deer especially. Extreme heat and drought. We have hunted literally tens of thousands of acres. Slim picking.

·
Registered
161 Posts
so what scientific literature did you learn about weather modifying?years of carbon caused change and this is the first i have ever heard of it. i would think they would just turn down the temp, then.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I was ... in construction. Getting angry at the weather is a losing proposition ...lol ;)
I'm still IN construction and know that all too well! I schedule and plan the work for the crews and things rarely ever go as planned! The only way I survive it is to plan on things not going as planned, LOL. Makes me sleep better anyway.....

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
1,509 Posts
If they could predict the weather with any accuracy then I might believe they could control the weather.😀

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
We, the planet earth remain in a cooling period. The polar regions are capped with ice. You won't want to be here when the caps disappear. It has happened multiple times in the last billion years. We continue to be refocused on the 100 year flood level, the 500 year snow depth etc....this planet has experienced much hotter and much colder temperatures, without the industrial revolution being to blame. Only if the New World Order leaders could blame the Solar cycles on mankind...

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
1,509 Posts
But but but...killer bees!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!
We're doomed! My Chevy truck has one of those exploding gas tanks! Reeeeeee!!!! Outside of the frame! Ahhhhhh! Run for your lives!!! OH NO... little Billy just got stabbed in the head with a.....LAWN DART while riding on a THREE WHEELER!!!! REEEEE!!! Oh my God the humanity....Aaaaarrrgghhh!
Quick everyone.....be afraid of something!!!!

Just kidding we're all gonna be fine.
As you were Men.😎
Oncebitten

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
We, the planet earth remain in a cooling period. The polar regions are capped with ice. You won't want to be here when the caps disappear. It has happened multiple times in the last billion years. We continue to be refocused on the 100 year flood level, the 500 year snow depth etc....this planet has experienced much hotter and much colder temperatures, without the industrial revolution being to blame. Only if the New World Order leaders could blame the Solar cycles on mankind...
Very true words there! I believe I read when St Helens blew it released more carbon than all of mankind, ever! Someday everything we know will probably be under a mile of ice......After it all thaws!

·
Registered
Excalibur Mag 340
653 Posts
Doesn’t matter, if it’s warm go fishing, if it’s cold go hunting, if it’s sub zero go ice fishing, when it warms up again go turkey hunting then go fishing again until it cools off. I don’t see a problem.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yeah, and ... a White Christmas that used to be somewhat common never happens anymore. I've seen photos of them sawing ice blocks out of the Hudson River around West Point only a little more than a hundred years ago. The Hudson hasn't frozen since I can remember.
When I was a kid they used to saw ice blocks from Lake Hopatcong. That place only freezes when you get at least a week of bitter cold weather. Even then you could no longer use the ice for human consumption that place is a giant cesspool.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts