Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the turkey bug already. I plan on hunting with my Tenpoint Nitro XRT...can't wait for it to start.
DSD just came out with a new Jake Strutter decoy. I had their original Strutter, but this one is made a lot smaller in size and easier to setup. I own probably all of their decoys and in my opinion, they are the most realistic turkey decoys made. I just spoke with them today and this year at the NWTF Convention, if you purchase one there, shipping will be free.
I look forward to the NWTF Convention every year...just an awesome place for turkey hunters.
https://www.davesmithdecoys.com/

Reactions: GDog-Rick

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Good looking thunder chickens...Why is all that corn laying in one spot?? You spill some?

Reactions: Tenpointguy

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
I cant hunt 'em. I work for a chicken farm so theyre off limits....like any other bird (ducks, geese, crows, etc.).:(

·
Registered
250 Posts
Haven't tried turkey with the crossbow yet. Might have to give that a try. I have always done the "Run-n-Gun" method on the ridges back home. I can't see changing my method cause I love finding shed antlers and Morel mushrooms when I'm out in God's country. I found six sheds opening day of turkey season 2017. One was my biggest shed yet at 83 inches. Once I start finding horns I pretty much ignore the turkeys until one gobbles close enough to distract me.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haven't tried turkey with the crossbow yet. Might have to give that a try. I have always done the "Run-n-Gun" method on the ridges back home. I can't see changing my method cause I love finding shed antlers and Morel mushrooms when I'm out in God's country. I found six sheds opening day of turkey season 2017. One was my biggest shed yet at 83 inches. Once I start finding horns I pretty much ignore the turkeys until one gobbles close enough to distract me.

My first crossbow turkey kill with The Carbon Nitro. A head shot that I had been practicing for and trying so hard for. 100 gr NAP Killzone.
I love shotgun hunting turkeys, but this was my most exciting turkey kill. You got to try it.
I'll be trying this year with the Nitro XRT. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
648 Posts
awesome video nitro and very nice bird.
and yes im getting excited for turkey season! so far ive bought a half dozen new turkey calls and have more on the way. im really considering taking my crossbow out this year and your video is definitely inspiring me to do so.
keep up the good work. hope to see more videos in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 69 Posts