Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I tried everything under the sun from the pharmacy to cure the itch, but I have had no luck. :) Oh wait, you mean the hunting itch. Yes, I got that itch too. :)

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Bayou Excalibur said:
I tried everything under the sun from the pharmacy to cure the itch, but I have had no luck. :) Oh wait, you mean the hunting itch. Yes, I got that itch too. :)
You know, it's so good to see someone that has a good sense of humor posting on here. Thanks!
Oh, and the "itch"-go varmint or hog hunting and that helps!

·
47 Posts
I definately have the itch but it's hard to think about stomping through the woods and hanging stands when it's over 100 degrees. My itch started last week and that's when I ordered a Phantom X-bow and some other various equipment. That ich was expensive!

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
I got the itch all right. Went to look about leasing some new land and the Chiggers ate my legs off. Yes feeling the itch right now.

New spot has potential. Lots of big tracks. Guys son took #3 deer a few years ago in the yearly state contest so the potential is there for a big 'un. Corn and peanuts planted in the fields there. Got to hate that.:rolleyes:
210 acres, 80 in fields, the rest is 3-5 year cutover. 1 water pond. Divided up into 3 sections. Power line cuts through the edge of it. I'm really hoping it's a go. Waiting is killing me.

·
47 Posts
I hear ya on the pictures. Once you get some antlers on a few pictures you just can't wait to check the rest. I am going to go out this weekend and put up 2 or three myself.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Hell my neck is starting to swell up, I walk around with my nose in the air checking for scent. I started rubbing my head against door frames, the bed post and young trees. Have this irristable uger to pee on my self. Itch?? Shiete, it's worse than an itch :rolleyes:

·
Registered
236 Posts
DaGriz said:
Hell my neck is starting to swell up, I walk around with my nose in the air checking for scent. I started rubbing my head against door frames, the bed post and young trees. Have this irristable uger to pee on my self. Itch?? Shiete, it's worse than an itch :D
Ha Ha! That is funny right there. :D

·
1,426 Posts
I am itching too.. thought of going out side and got five pre-emptive mosquito bites ... nothing to choot but targets anyway... maybe tomorrow... my throat itches .. maybe a twelve ounce curl : (beer) would treat it...
going back to the movie channel and recliner.. see you there.
dk

·
665 Posts
Bayou Excalibur said:
I tried everything under the sun from the pharmacy to cure the itch, but I have had no luck. :D Oh wait, you mean the hunting itch. Yes, I got that itch too. :D
you read my mind i was hoping to use that joke

as for deer hunting im always thinking about it

·
11,435 Posts
Speaking of pictures:)

I shot this photo at almost 400 yards in August 06. I used a Zeiss 65 mm spotting scope with a "digiscope" attachment for my Sony camera. It was around 7:30 PM. I never saw the deer once bow season opened :-( If you did not notice, there is another buck to the right of this one. I had 11 bucks in the field one evening with the smallest being around 17".

Attachments

·
116 Posts
Itch Itch

Trying to hook up with my son to check out a new small property and hang a camera this week. I'd try to be funny, but can't top Griz.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
I had the itch once. I got rid of it with a special shampoo.
No seriously. I trail cam, food plot and scout year round. They don't make a shampoo for the kind of itch I have.

·
211 Posts
I wouldnt say I have the ich too bad yet, when summer starts turning to fall it'll come on pretty strong, its summer now and I'm WAY to busy being envolved with all that that entails(working, riding wheelies and racing down the road, getting drunk in the taverns, looking at tail...) to get to excited about hunting at this point in time...

I guess I wouldnt say I've put hunting on the back burner altogether though, I HAVE been doing alot of shooting and alot of stand maintenance, I've also been doing quite a bit of fishing this summer, another thing I enjoy but can never really find the time for anymore...

·
64 Posts
PEE on your feet

It is a terrible itch that makes you want to pee on yourself.

Sometimes it happens to you even without the itch. Such as in this little ditty: "If your hose is short and your pressure's week, better watch out or you'll pi** on your feet.":D:D

·
47 Posts
Foghorn said:
It is a terrible itch that makes you want to pee on yourself.

Sometimes it happens to you even without the itch. Such as in this little ditty: "If your hose is short and your pressure's week, better watch out or you'll pi** on your feet.":D:D
If it's getting that bad then I think it's time to take up another sport! ;) Maybe bowfishing would be better.

·
38 Posts
It's been in the high 80s & 90s here for the past couple weeks. Mosquitos and ticks are thick. Even setting on the lake shore at night and watching a fishing pole feels more like work than fun. And I watched 4 does feeding in the bean field where I hunt for over an hour this evening while ignoring the mosquitos and ticks trying to feast on me!
Yep, the itch never goes completely away!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts