Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Scorpyd Orion Ravin R9
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are lined up to have an awesome day tomorrow here in N IL (hunting weather-wise). Would love to go out, but that would totally piss off the wife. My question for you all is, assuming you're married, how do you get out to hunt on a "family" day. Makes sense to me to spend the morning hunting and then head in for the meal and family time, but I know the wife wouldn't see it that way.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I always hunt on Thanksgiving morning but this year I'm smoking a turkey for our Thanksgiving meal so I won't be hunting as long as I normally do. Good Luck everyone

Reactions: Tnmtns

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I live on the land I hunt on so it's very easy for me to make a short Thanksgiving morning hunt. Whether I go or not depends on how much I get done this evening.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I always hunt on Thanksgiving morning but this year I'm smoking a turkey for our Thanksgiving meal so I won't be hunting as long as I normally do. Good Luck everyone
Smoking one myself on the smoker. Rotisserie style! Then going hunting late afternoon

Reactions: USAF Ret in Wis

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hunting in the morning and if the daughter and her family leave early enough I'll hunt the afternoon too. Friday and Saturday, morning and evening for certain.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Trying too. But it looks like rain here in the morning. Not sure I can get out in the afternoon. But always try to hunt on Thanksgiving!

Good luck tomorrow!

·
Registered
15,642 Posts
I am no longer married but when I was I always hunted on Thanksgiving morning. I took my first 8 point buck on Thanksgiving in fact back in the days when deer sightings were rare. Not sure if I am going in the morning though as I have my personal limit but will go if my young buddy calls wanting me to take him. I can always watch them go by. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
We rotate Thanksgiving dinner between my parents and my wife's parents. My parents live an hr away, her's only live about 5 mins away. I don't have enough time to hunt when we go to my parents, but some years I get to hunt the mornings if we are going to her parents.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We are lined up to have an awesome day tomorrow here in N IL (hunting weather-wise). Would love to go out, but that would totally piss off the wife. My question for you all is, assuming you're married, how do you get out to hunt on a "family" day. Makes sense to me to spend the morning hunting and then head in for the meal and family time, but I know the wife wouldn't see it that way.
I’m off this Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving. Obviously Thursday is Thanksgiving, but Friday is our 16 year anniversary… there is no winning

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Have a Wife that Hunt's then your good to Go..Lol..!
Mine won't! She couldn't sit still and would freeze to death, LOL. She sure likes eating it though and I can go whenever I want with ZERO hassle......Truth be known, I enjoy the alone time!

Reactions: Gabowman and JCAT

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
915 Posts
My wife wouldn’t care but I’m smoking a turkey and she’s doing a traditional one in the oven. Big family. Went out this morning in SW Kansas saw 5 doe that’s it. Got pretty windy. In my unit they’re not selling antlerless tags so not gonna use my buck tag on a doe. Unless it’s getting towards the end of the season then I will for the meat.

·
Registered
15,084 Posts
... Would love to go out, but that would totally piss off the wife. My question for you all is, assuming you're married, how do you get out to hunt on a "family" day...
I think it's all in the up-bringing. When me and the wife were dating way back when she know I hunted and fished. There were times we didnt get to go out on a date because I stayed out too late hunting a stuck deer or fishing too long. After we married it was no different. I still hunted and fished and I still do today. My wife never has made plans for me because she know she needed to ask what I was doing before making plans for us and it's still that way up to today.
She's great. she likes shopping and I like hunting and fishing. We get along great. I hope I never have to hunt up another one because I'd never find another that would put up with me. HA!:)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts