Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
TP Nitro 505, Vapor 470, Siege, Sub 1 XR
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a set of XP limbs from KI? I bought my father a Brand new Swat XP less then 2 weeks ago and when he cocked it today hears a cracking sound and both limbs on the right side broke. Bow has about 25 shots on it and bow Season opens on Wednesday. Debating on whether to mail my Ravin R20 to him or if they will only be a couple days To get the limbs Will just wait. Also will they mail the limbs direct to me or does it need to goto a Shop to be repaired I have a Ez Green so I can do the job easily.
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Plant Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
Well I know you can buy a extra set from KI but, I don't know how much they cost. I think for warranty work the xbow has to be sent in or, worked on by a dealer. Please let us know how you make out and, your experience.
All xbow limbs suck anymore but, at least you can buy extras from KI.

·
Administrator
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It’s a brand new 2021 swat Xp 8 days old can’t get much newer and it’s their 2nd best model. I was waiting for the wrath with crank cocker but couldn’t get one and he needs a crank cocker after 3 back surgeries so ordered one of these. Everyone was saying the limb issues were resolved well apparently not.

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
I feel bad for your dad! That really blows with a new bow and right before season to boot. Good luck and hoping he can get in the woods soon......

Reactions: SEW and WWB

·
Administrator
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you TMTNS I appreciate it. I’m more then a little pissed off about it at the moment. Ordered him the bow arrows, sling, scope, Strings A Target , broadheads everything Expedited shipping on everything to make it on time lasted 25 shots. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
Thank you TMTNS I appreciate it. I’m more then a little pissed off about it at the moment. Ordered him the bow arrows, sling, scope, Strings A Target , broadheads everything Expedited shipping on everything to make it on time lasted 25 shots. No good dead goes unpunished I guess.
Is he anywhere near tn?

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Call KI and explain what happened and that you have a press and are experienced enough to replace them and I bet they send you some. I would get some longer strings and cables for it if you can for peace of mind. What length cables does it say on the limbs out of curiosity?

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Call KI and explain what happened and that you have a press and are experienced enough to replace them and I bet they send you some. I would get some longer strings and cables for it if you can for peace of mind. What length cables does it say on the limbs out of curiosity?

Good luck!
Shouldn't have too do that. KI needs to handle it. We pay a decent penny for our equipment. We pay for what we see and like about the design and let them get away with it. What about lost time for hunting? The trouble you go through and time spent to get the crossbow fixed.

Good customer service is great but it's better to not have to even contact them. The more I think about these broken limbs the more sour I get towards the companies that are always sending crossbows out that have limb problems. It just shouldn't be happening as much as it is today.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
That's the latest size. Sucks and has to be so frustrating! I would be fuming if I was you. 😡

One thing I have heard is if these bows are over cranked the limbs could go. Not saying you dad did this but its something I have been very self conscious about. As soon as that red lever flips back I am pushing the crank release button and letting the tension off. Timing them like Burky does in his vide also takes some tension off them. The whole cranking, loading, etc of these bows can be awkward and take some getting used 2.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Shouldn't have too do that. KI needs to handle it. We pay a decent penny for our equipment. We pay for what we see and like about the design and let them get away with it. What about lost time for hunting? The trouble you go through and time spent to get the crossbow fixed.

Good customer service is great but it's better to not have to even contact them. The more I think about these broken limbs the more sour I get towards the companies that are always sending crossbows out that have limb problems. It just shouldn't be happening as much as it is today.
I agree, it is frustrating. I got lucky to have gotten a good one. Feel bad for those who don't.

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Here is Killer Instinct contact information taken from their website:
Phone: 1-810-626-3026
Email: [email protected]

As for that new crossbow, it is unavailable. "Wish list".
Anything coming in from overseas is being badly held up due to Covid
shutting down some of the manufactures and no shipping containers.
This has been applying to all kinds of manufactured goods.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I agree, it is frustrating. I got lucky to have gotten a good one. Feel bad for those who don't.
Frustrating isn't the word for it. Should be no such thing as a bad one. If there is it needs to be replaced until no problems arise, recalled, and / or a refund given for the crossbow, excessories, target and time.

It just needs to stop. We rely on our equipment. What if the arrows kept shattering? You think the arrow company would keep making them or do you think they would redesign and recall them?

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Frustrating isn't the word for it. Should be no such thing as a bad one. If there is it needs to be replaced until no problems arise, recalled, and / or a refund given for the crossbow, excessories, target and time.

It just needs to stop. We rely on our equipment. What if the arrows kept shattering? You think the arrow company would keep making them or do you think they would redesign and recall them?
Man, I wish that applied to everthing in this world. It's would be a lot better place to live lol.

Speaking of arrows, my buddy had 4 inserts pull out of brand new factory Bees today on their first shot into a bag target! That's a bunch of BS. Now I have them in my target to hit.

Seems like everything is junk nowadays.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts