Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
You got that right. And just think the prices are going to sky rocket, everything is going to be made as cheap as possible. The crossbow companies are going to be forced to switch suppliers and we are going to see more problems. I believe they are all in a scramble right now.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Why don't you all find out what KI will do or not do FIRST with WWB's limb issue, before all the negativity. Might just be forecasting a store that may never materialize.
What I posted wasn't just meant towards KI. Its all companies. They all need to step it up with the limbs if the builds are getting harder on them. Too many limb failures across the board

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Man, I wish that applied to everthing in this world. It's would be a lot better plane to live lol.

Speaking of arrows, my buddy had 4 inserts pull out of brand new factory Bees today on their first shot into a bag target! That's a bunch of BS. Now I have them in my target to hit.

Seems like everything is junk nowadays.
In regards to the inserts coming out, take the remaining arrows, providing the nocks are not
glued in and pull them out. Take a 1/4" rod and insert it into the arrow shaft from the nock end
and drive the insert out. Clean the insert. Install the point and put the point in a vise. Apply a
wee dab of Gorilla Glue. Have a small mallet handy when installing the arrow shaft as it may
require a light tap to fully seat the insert-point combination. Carbon arrow shafts generate heat
so the Gorilla Glue will dry fast when installing the shaft.

I had to do this with my 20" Blood Sport Witness arrows. The 95 grain brass insert that is used
does not have much of a ridge so the glue the manufacture used did not have much to bond to.
It gets expensive losing a point and insert in a target, then hitting it with another arrow. Lose an
insert with a broadhead and that will really hurt.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
666 Posts
You got that right. And just think the prices are going to sky rocket, everything is going to be made as cheap as possible. The crossbow companies are going to be forced to switch suppliers and we are going to see more problems. I believe they are all in a scramble right now.
A buddy of mine is interested in a Wicked Ridge M370. I called the place I deal with to see if they had any in stock. He said that he was sold out but had more on order however he has no idea when they will come in. He went on to say that his ten point rep said they are having trouble getting their scopes.They started buying scopes from hawke and vortex until they ran out. So yeah you’re right it sounds like a lot of scrabbling going on now and I don’t think it’s going to get any better soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
In regards to the inserts coming out, take the remaining arrows, providing the nocks are not
glued in and pull them out. Take a 1/4" rod and insert it into the arrow shaft from the nock end
and drive the insert out. Clean the insert. Install the point and put the point in a vise. Apply a
wee dab of Gorilla Glue. Have a small mallet handy when installing the arrow shaft as it may
require a light tap to fully seat the insert-point combination. Carbon arrow shafts generate heat
so the Gorilla Glue will dry fast when installing the shaft.

I had to do this with my 20" Blood Sport Witness arrows. The 95 grain brass insert that is used
does not have much of a ridge so the glue the manufacture used did not have much to bond to.
It gets expensive losing a point and insert in a target, then hitting it with another arrow. Lose an
insert with a broadhead and that will really hurt.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.
Thanks for the recommendation Bunny! I will give it a shot.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
A buddy of mine is interested in a Wicked Ridge M370. I called the place I deal with to see if they had any in stock. He said that he was sold out but had more on order however he has no idea when they will come in. He went on to say that his ten point rep said they are having trouble getting their scopes.They started buying scopes from hawke and vortex until they ran out. So yeah you’re right it sounds like a lot of scrabbling going on now and I don’t think it’s going to get any better soon.

Not for a while. They are all behind and shipping is coming to a holt again. So many people afraid or making excuses not to work today too.

·
3,038 Posts
What I posted wasn't just meant towards KI. Its all companies. They all need to step it up with the limbs if the builds are getting harder on them. Too many limb failures across the board
With so many purchases keyed into speed, there is a fine line between durability and speed. Companies need to find that balance and it gets tough because of all the stored power in these bows. All companies have limbs go.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
With so many purchases keyed into speed, there is a fine line between durability and speed. Companies need to find that balance and it gets tough because of all the stored power in these bows. All companies have limbs go.
Yep I get that. The limbs aren't capable of handling it. Its a crap shoot. The reason I brought it up. Better limbs need to happen now because they are beyond the limits today... Until it happens we are going to keep seeing broken limbs regardless of the manufacturer. The crossbow manufacturers need to get on it. Not to play the speed game but to stop the limb trouble.

I don't know who make limbs for who but I would think they could be made more durable. Has to be a way. Not only is the end user suffering by buying a top dollar crossbow that doesn't hold up but the companies also suffer having to replace the limbs and parts that get damaged when a limb or limbs do break. Not to mention the potential of injury.

·
Registered
Sonoran Desert Arizona.
1,220 Posts
Yep I get that. The limbs aren't capable of handling it. Its a crap shoot. The reason I brought it up. Better limbs need to happen now because they are beyond the limits today... Until it happens we are going to keep seeing broken limbs regardless of the manufacturer. The crossbow manufacturers need to get on it. Not to play the speed game but to stop the limb trouble.

I don't know who make limbs for who but I would think they could be made more durable. Has to be a way. Not only is the end user suffering by buying a top dollar crossbow that doesn't hold up but the companies also suffer having to replace the limbs and parts that get damaged when a limb or limbs do break. Not to mention the potential of injury.
You have some of the more durable on the Tremor.

·
3,038 Posts

I agree with you totally. If that formula of perfect limb material was found or known, companies would be using it. The answer might even be unbelievably simple, but until it is found, we are all stuck with what is currently available. Please don't take this the wrong way, but people always say, "why can't they figure out the perfect material?" The hardest thing to do when designing, is to figure out the simplest way. I knew there had to be a safer and more accurate way to shoot flimsy arrows, and it took me a while to do it. I had patent searches that went back to 1919. I found more than 10 patents where people filed patents that I knew would not work very safe or accurate. I filed a patent in 1987. What I designed is simple, but things take time.

·
3,038 Posts

Here is something that took me awhile to design and patent. A vertical compound bow with reciprocating barrel to shoot shot for trap shooting and birds.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
If Ki is worth their salt or anything at all, they will 3 day the limbs to you or a dealer at thier cost.
But don't expect the dealer to do charity work.

·
3,038 Posts
If Ki is worth their salt or anything at all, they will 3 day the limbs to you or a dealer at thier cost.
But don't expect the dealer to do charity work.
Nice attitude. Because of the shipping issues all over the world, KI got their shipments of bows via cargo plane that cost them a bundle. WWB will be taken care of. Why can't people get some facts FIRST, before going off on the negative?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I guess it was back in the late eighties or early nineties I was practicing with my Martin Lynx compound a week before season when I heard the dreaded cracking sound. I sent it back for repair and went out and bought a Hoyt. It was back then that I learned that the best way to insure not to lose hunting time is to have a backup plan. When the Martin came back it became my backup bow and I’ve had one ever since. I don’t know anyone that’s serious about hunting that only owns one deer rifle and they’re way less likely to be problematic than a bow.
I’d rather have two lower cost bows ready to go than to have only one expensive one.

KI will take care of the OP. The unknown is how long will it take? All I know from personal experience is when I had a crank replaced under warranty I had it in
under a week and I hope they do his as quickly because it really is discouraging to have equipment break right at hunting season especially if it’s brand new.

·
6,442 Posts
There is a first gen 1 Swat listed on SC craigslist. He wants to trade for a bow with a crank, maybe cash would pry it loose.
My original SWAT, a production bow, is my go to bow. 1,000s of shots/4 years, original string and cables, original pivot arm bolts, never a problem. It’s a low stress bow. Incredibly accurate. If I didn’t have one, I’d be doing my best to get one.

First year I had it.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
They now make a ripper 425 ,same poundage but faster,how are they getting the limbs to hold up at even faster speeds? Different limb material? I would ask. I had a ripper415,limbs blew twice. I think it is the cam design. Very violent on the shot. The new 425 has a new cam design,new front end and push button stock instead of tools needed to adjust. Ask for a swap.(and faster) ;)

21 - 40 of 53 Posts