Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TenPoint recently sent me an arrow with a bow I had sent in for repairs.
Second shot, I went to pull the arrow and hand slipped, pulling the nock off (arrow was buried to the vanes). One of the three tabs on the insert fell out with the nock. Brand new arrow. I did some searching on this site about how to remove it but I never saw anything definite on removing it without damaging the carbon shaft. Drilling seems to be kind of risky to me.
Are these hot glued in? I have a pack of the inserts I can replace it if I can get it out safely.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You should be able to knock them out with a steel rod inserted in the front end.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Get you a rubber jar lid opener to hold the arrow. It will keep the arrow from slippin in your hand when you hit the rod with the hammer. Dont give up on it either, sometimes they come right out and sometimes they are stubborn and will take many wacks! Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So far I have tried everything but drilling. This hammer it out with a steel rod hasn't worked for me. I have managed to drive that rod through 3 recievers

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Try dipping the nock and insert into boiling water for a minute or so and then use the rod while it is still hot. I have gotten stubborn nocks loose doing that but I have a few that seem to be welded in no matter what I do.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Well I just checked my Evo X and Pro Elites and I couldn't knock them out with the rod either. That's a problem!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've drilled a bunch out with no problems. You just have to be very carefull. Break off the other tabs then use use a bit just a tad bigger than the insert, I'm think a quarter inch. Go slow on the drill speed. Most of the time the heat from the bit will cause the receiver to spin with the bit and it will come right out. Use a 19/64 bit on the Evo-X arrows to clean the inside of the shaft out. If it doesn't come out with the 1/4 bit you can use the 19/64 to finish the job but go very slow and be very careful. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same exact process.
lol Go take a stock evo-x arrow and show me in a video. I'm from Missouri the show-me state. I've pounded the rod through 3 receivers and no success. Let me tell you that takes some pounding not those little love taps in the video where you drive out the nock.

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
lol Go take a stock evo-x arrow and show me in a video. I'm from Missouri the show-me state. I've pounded the rod through 3 receivers and no success. Let me tell you that takes some pounding not those little love taps in the video where you drive out the nock.
I would think that he was removing a nock that was not glued in but was press fit. It came out way too easy.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Shouldn't have to drill them out and cause possible damage to arrow. This is not acceptable by Ten Point.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I agree with the not acceptable on drilling them out but I guess you have 2 choices. Trash them or drill them out. You can drill them out with no damage if you are very careful tho. At 15 to 20 bucks an arrow I'll drill them out and if no damage shoot them in my slower Stealth SS. They will not be shot in the Vengent S440 tho. Just too much power to chance it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Very happy with my tenpoint bow but there is no reason at all for tenpoint to refuse to make a friction fit one piece nock. I know it can be done because I have wrapped some adapters in teflon tape and made my own friction fit with no issues on some bloodsport arrows.

I like the alpha nock and despise the stupid receiver/adapter. It is the biggest reason I switched to aluminum arrows that I build myself, I can glue it in with hot melt so it can be replaced.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I’m not using the lighted nocks, so I just push the Alpha nock forward Into the receiver and have not had a problem. You can also glue the nock into the receiver if you’re not using the light sticks.

Reactions: Gwn001
1 - 17 of 17 Posts