Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Whitetail pro STR and I just put it together. It’s draw weight is 187 lbs but when I try to pull it back it’s nearly impossible and the string go to the left or the right. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with it?

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I own a Whitetail pro STR and I just put it together. It’s draw weight is 187 lbs but when I try to pull it back it’s nearly impossible and the string go to the left or the right. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with it?

View attachment 185199 View attachment 185200
Did you shorten up your cocking rope, if possible?
I am about 5 ft.10 in tall and had to shorten the cocking rope on our CenterPoint 370 by 2 inches on each side so I could pull the string all the way up until it latched in the trigger box.
Also, be sure to keep the cocking rope as close to (or against) the rail as possible, all the way up until it latches, when cocking.

·
Registered
248 Posts
There is a groove at the back of the bow run your rope cocker down that, then run the hooks down to your string and latch them. Then push the hooks tight to the rail and pull up slow and steady till your string latches and moves the safety to on. Then take off the rope cocker. Job is done and repeat for each arrow you load.

·
Registered
248 Posts

View attachment 185199 View attachment 185200
It is only the top string you put your rope cocker too. You don't attach it too all the strings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts