Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a headache from trying to read and figure this out. I got notice in the mail that I had two Diamond animals in the Pigs And Peccary of the World
and they wanted to know if I wanted to purchase the award(?) of the Inner Circle. Huh? So, still not understanding, I asked how much the awards cost.
Only $2,650.00 each. Gulp! Must be made of Gold. Oh yea, my hunting partner has one too, ready for purchase. All I have are their file numbers to go by so not for sure really which animals they are talking about. I do understand they want me to purchase this stuff. That part is clear.
I've been trying to read the fine print in the awards publication, only to be frustrated at the very tiny print, even with new bi folds on, and still don't have a clue as to what is going on! Help me please, someone. I can't see myself paying that much for an award anyway, X3, but would still like to know what the ... it is.
So does anyone here understand this stuff for SCI? You know, how normal people would explain this stuff. I surely would appreciate a lesson on the subject. Thanks to whomever can tackle this for me.

·
665 Posts
I say stuff it. If you qualify for a award and they want you to be noticed,they have your address send it to you. I would never pay to get a award, i would rather take that money and use it else where:D

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Sounds like someone as figured out a way to get those that are impressed with wards......to PAY for their fetish.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Are you a magnet for this stuff or just lucky?

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big-Bird-VA said:
Are you a magnet for this stuff or just lucky?
There's a word to describe it- Adventures. That's us. No one ever said they were all good. I just think of it as new learning experiences. I learned I think I like my money more than they do so far.
My dilemma is by doing the award, does it take me somewhere else within?
So I need to learn more about it if I can find someone, a real person with experience to explain it to me. What are the benefits? There has to be one or two.

·
116 Posts
Profits to be made

A few times a year I get mailings that tell me that I have been named one of the most respected members of my profession in the country and have been listed in this years "who's who" of my profession.

To receive a copy of this years publication of who's who as well as a certificate suitable for framing declaring I have been named...all I have to do is send in my fee of $$$$$

Your situation sounds like the same kind of scam, only different.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Reminds me of.

I have guys from Nigeria send me e-mails two or three times per month saying they need help from a reputable US citizen to collect millions of dollars of an inheritance or whatever,all I have to do to get all this free money is wire or transfer a large amount of money to them.
And my check will be in the mail,great!:D

I know, off topic.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
GG back away from this. It is a scam. Your interests are public knowledge and someone figured out a way to exploit you. No reputable organization would make you pay for your award. With a scam like this you would be lucky if they sent you anything at all. Maybe a fancy looking piece of paper at best. There are a few organizations that require you pay a membership before you can collect an award but these are well known reputable organizations. And we are talking $20-$35 dollars at best for a membership. At the very minimum you was to report them to the post master generals office since they used the mail to send it too. They might be looking at felony charges of postal fraud.

If they notified you by email then that right there should be the most obvious clue that it is a scam. If this is the real process of Safari Club International then who the heck would join that? No one in their right mind would buy a plastic trophy for those prices.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, no, no. It's the real deal. The rules of the game are just very vague, except the money part. It's like a puzzle though. You start with one piece and add on as you hunt. There are different options as to which award or pyramid or inner circle that you add onto. That's the confusing part. Then the over all award is part of another award, or hunting achievement. It goes in steps. The trouble is, those steps aren't clear. That's what I'm looking for is someone to explain to me the steps, or the rules of playing this game, so I know what move I should be making or passing on.
So, here's the dilemma. Right now, I have two animals that are diamonds. But that could change when someone turns in an animal that scores higher than mine. Then, I won't have those diamond animals to build the awards on. So it's a time constraint. Do it now, or possibly loose it and let someone else take it.
What do I do? There are too many different games within the game. You could never achieve all the different games in a lifetime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts