Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When shooting today, I actually noticed I had a lot of shaft sticking out the front end - about 1 7/8”. I was thinking I could go a little shorter, especially with Slick Tricks, not sure about Ramcats. Those try and cut you no matter how far away they are.

I also noticed I could shorten the set back to increase the steering leverage a bit. I used to do everything at 1 3/8” when I had my Missions so I could use any shaft on any crossbow.

I’m going to order a half dozen Tapps just because.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Nope, I shoot 20" arrows with 1 3/8" vane setback. Shoots to good, not fixing things that aren't broke.

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
489 Posts
When shooting today, I actually noticed I had a lot of shaft sticking out the front end - about 1 7/8”. I was thinking I could go a little shorter, especially with Slick Tricks, not sure about Ramcats. Those try and cut you no matter how far away they are.

I also noticed I could shorten the set back to increase the steering leverage a bit. I used to do everything at 1 3/8” when I had my Missions so I could use any shaft on any crossbow.

I’m going to order a half dozen Tapps just because.
19” shot great for me out of my DS 380 and 400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
I bought some 21" for my Nemesis but I haven't had the time to test them out yet. I think 20" is perfect for the DS. I havnt changed anything with that set up at all.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Tim, i shot some 19" GT ballistic 425 arrows out of my DS, they shot great.
But i have an over abundance of 20" accuspines that i shoot out of the DS regularly.
19" should not be an issue depending on the shaft you use.JMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts