Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about purchasing a Vortex Cross Fire Crossbow scope. But the magnification is 2x7, but really it isn't because you have to leave it on the magnification that matches you bow speed; seem like most 400fps bows are set around 4-5? And I could use more than 4x when I'm shooting off my back deck at over 50 yards. $200 for a 4x scope with a few dots on the reticle is just not jazzing me up.

Would be nice to put a 12x and try to sniper a target at 100 yards with my old and tired eyes. I am a target shooter, I don't hunt. I shoot vertical bow 3D, PCP airguns, 22s plinking, sporting clays, etc. But I don't hunt.

Or am I just a weirdo?

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I am using Bushnell 3 x 12 x 40 drop zone rifle scope with the side parallax that can be turned down to 10 yards.
These scopes are not illuminated as I do not require that for target shooting.
All the best with what ever you decide.
Take care.

·
971 Posts
I am using Bushnell 3 x 12 x 40 drop zone rifle scope with the side parallax that can be turned down to 10 yards.
These scopes are not illuminated as I do not require that for target shooting.
All the best with what ever you decide.
Take care.
I was thinking about purchasing a Vortex Cross Fire Crossbow scope. But the magnification is 2x7, but really it isn't because you have to leave it on the magnification that matches you bow speed; seem like most 400fps bows are set around 4-5? And I could use more than 4x when I'm shooting off my back deck at over 50 yards. $200 for a 4x scope with a few dots on the reticle is just not jazzing me up.

Would be nice to put a 12x and try to sniper a target at 100 yards with my old and tired eyes. I am a target shooter, I don't hunt. I shoot vertical bow 3D, PCP airguns, 22s plinking, sporting clays, etc. But I don't hunt.

Or am I just a weirdo?
I run rifle scopes on top of HHA Tetras on all my bows. There’s no setup that’s more accurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts