Crossbow Nation banner

Anyone use RECURVE OR LONGBOW ?

6K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  Ironminer 
#1 ·
I love to hunt and shoot! I use all forms of weapons.

#3 ·
I tried for about 5 minutes to shoot fish with a recurve. DEFINITELY wasn't for me.

#16 ·
I also like to shoot everything. I sold 5 recurves last summer, they are now too heavy. selling one more this weekend at a trad shoot in Wisconsin, but its my last recurve. Presently shooting a Black Hunter long bow, 41lb at 28 and cost me 200.00 new, and out shoots a lot of more expensive stuff........ I put on a custom string....... I also found the xx75 1916's
to shoot great out of, with 4 inch fletch, 3 fletch

I just shoot the long bow better..................... I get a lot grief, from my trad friends, because I also like my crossbow, but I do not care, if it throws an arrow, I like it..... ha ha

#18 ·
I shot recurves and longbows and made some nice longbows, takedown and one piece. Moon on here was really into it too. I shot compounds also, just depended on how I felt that year. Came down with a rare nerve disease around 2005 or so that slowly took the strength in my arms and legs and didn't do anything for a long time untill after retirement when I decided to get a crossbow.

#23 ·
Sure do. Been hunting with stick bows for the last 15 years and the first 10 when there were no compounds invented yet.
Coming into hunting with crossbows now but I wont be leaving the sticks all together.

Reactions: Ironminer
#24 ·
My favorite is a long bow but now I have 3 recurves: right hand - 52# Palmer White Tail Classic, #45 Bear Magnum Kodiak junior 44”, and a left hand no name #31 that I shoot most. I’m left eye dominate but right handed.
I’ve always shot low poundage out of fear of hurting shoulders, etc.. Now, I’m primarily shooting left handed and started just this year. I started seriously shooting at age 7-8 and was hunting by age 10. Obsession is too mild a term.
I love those Easton Axis arrows and my recurve.
I teach the NASP program at our local school.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.