Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have used wraps on my vertical bows with no problems. If you figure in the weight to make sure you are within your target total weight then it should be fine. You also have to pay attention to you Front of Center (FOC) weight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have used wraps on my vertical bows with no problems. If you figure in the weight to make sure you are within your target total weight then it should be fine. You also have to pay attention to you Front of Center (FOC) weight.
I've used them for along time on my vertical also
I was just kinda wondering about the spine and wearing from the flight rail

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wear is just not something I was thinking about in your original question. I guess if the rail was lubed often enough then wear would be minimal.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I’ve used wraps several times. And yes they wear a little. I’ve never had accuracy issues from them. But you must watch where the overlap happens in reference to rail position. I position the overlay 180* from the cock vane. So it’s straight up.
If not it can end up on the rail forcing the shaft to ride high on one rail and maybe affecting accuracy

·
Registered
23 Posts
moved away from them on my vertical bow as well. i like fletching right to carbon. especially for repairs--way easier to replace a single vane than rewrapping and refletching all 3.

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
I used to use wraps but not anymore. It’s much easier to fletch if you have a single vane to replace! With wraps, you have to strip the whole arrow to replace a vane. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.