Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to get the XBR sighted in this morning on my DS380 and I don’t have enough up elevation. I could only shoot at 25 yards so I was expecting to see it hit about 1 1/4” high but it hit dead nuts. So that kind of messes with what I wanted it to do so I’ll have to see what the yardage differences are going to be.

When I had the XBR on my Ventilator I remember the same issue so I had a guy mill a 1 1/2º slope (90 MOA) into the underside of the scope rail which put me right at the bottom end on the turret down clicks, and allowed me to shoot out to about 88 yards with a speed tape on the elevation turret.

Just wondering if anyone else is using a XBR on a DS? Thanks.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had an xbr at one time and had the exact same issue as you.

I sent it down the road... :(
I think it’s more of a Scorpyd scope rail issue than the XBR. The old Ventilators came with a .038” nylon washer under the rear mounting screw to get some MOA slope for the scope rail - even for the Hawke scopes that were in their packages.

When I had my Mission Dagger with the Trigger Tech trigger, it had an .85º (51 MOA) slope built into the top of the trigger housing for the scope rail. I would have thought that would become a common feature on crossbows by now.

Reactions: T695

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
There were a set of Burris rings with the posi alaign inserts on the CT classifieds but, their gone. That would work for you though.

·
1,305 Posts
I think it’s more of a Scorpyd scope rail issue than the XBR. The old Ventilators came with a .038” nylon washer under the rear mounting screw to get some MOA slope for the scope rail - even for the Hawke scopes that were in their packages.

When I had my Mission Dagger with the Trigger Tech trigger, it had an .85º (51 MOA) slope built into the top of the trigger housing for the scope rail. I would have thought that would become a common feature on crossbows by now.

Yep that's the issue. I miss that scope!!! Lol

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There were a set of Burris rings with the posi alaign inserts on the CT classifieds but, their gone. That would work for you though.
I have a set in the drawer - the 20 MOA would bring the center crosshair to 30 yard zero but the height isn’t quite enough for me.

Yep that's the issue. I miss that scope!!! Lol
Is this some whiney retaliation because I didn’t like the Crossfire II reticle?

·
1,305 Posts
I have a set in the drawer - the 20 MOA would bring the center crosshair to 30 yard zero but the height isn’t quite enough for me.

Is this some whiney retaliation because I didn’t like the Crossfire II reticle?

Nope I truly miss that xbr!! Amazing glass and awesome illuminated aim points but sadly a no go on my ds and way to big on my old micro suppressor. Sold it and made a few bucks.

Funny how the cf2 works on the ds but not the xbr...

Cheers

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the X high set when I bought my Signature rings. It helped a lot.
I have those exact rings - they’re 1.18” high and the AR height mounts that run about 1.44”-1.5” work best for me. I’ve got the XB75 sighted in for now and will probably start the season with it.

I really wished the Crossfire II would have worked for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts