Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone I picked up an airsaber that should be here in a couple of days not sure about it but I got it for a real good price and I couldn't help myself I like shooting arrows it doesn't matter what its from, I started hunting with a bow at 12 and shot my first deer with it the first time I went out with it and 40 yrs later I'm still at it I now have to get a air compressor and will also give this a shot. Anyone know anything about these airsabers?

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Congrats, was thinking of getting one myself.
Have not tried them yet.
A Friend of mine is bringing his Air Javelin to a crossbow shootout mid-August.

That will be my first time using such a contraption.
Have fun and enjoy, Johntwarchery!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I haven't shot one neither and it will probably be another month before I can shoot it because I've got to get a compressor but after all said and done I will have about $550.00 in everything at full charge it shoots around 450fps first shot then it drops off I think you can get about 6 or 7 shots over 400fps we will see

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm already thinking of how I'm going to build a suppressor to go on it, shouldn't be to hard since there's no fire coming out the end and don't have to worry about breaking the sound barrier

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
A suppressor would be cool, not sure how to make one myself.

I am still torn between getting the AirJavelin, which runs off 88-gram CO2 cartridges, or the AirSaber, which runs off PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatics, i.e. compressed air.from a SCUBA tank, compressor, hand pump, etc).
I like the concept of carrying disposable 88-cartridges but that gets expensive and is a lot of waste as the cartridges are not refillable.
I already have a compressor but to fit that into the truck with a portable generator is out of the question, as is a hand pump due to physical restrictions.

·
8,859 Posts
How do … you zero... and then continue to shoot a weapon that changes trajectory with each shot?...lol :unsure: :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
How do … you zero... and then continue to shoot a weapon that changes trajectory with each shot?...lol :unsure: :eek:
Not sure yet, Iron Duke.
I expect, just like CO2 airguns, they are for "x" amount of repeatable shots and then it's "aim higher".
Some of the newer PCP guns are supposed to maintain the same velocity shot over shot, albeit 8 shots max or thereabouts.
I'll share my findings after using the AirJavelin in a couple-three weeks.

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well got the gun in and it had problems taking air so lm returning it for a refund, not getting another one, l don't want more head aches, stick with my xbows

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Thanks I haven't shot one neither and it will probably be another month before I can shoot it because I've got to get a compressor but after all said and done I will have about $550.00 in everything at full charge it shoots around 450fps first shot then it drops off I think you can get about 6 or 7 shots over 400fps we will see
That could make getting any type of accuracy quite difficult unless you continue to refill the unit after each shot. Otherwise how would one shoot at say 50 yards and remain sited in when each shot is variable and therefore velocities are constantly changing as air is released from the storage cylinder?

I have no experience or in-depth knowledge about these weapons other than your brief descriptive. I'm only stating the obvious from what you described.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts