Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard thru the grapevine there is a proposal to allow crossbow use entire archery season for those over the age of 65. Fact or fiction ?

·
3,321 Posts
I would think, fiction, each state has its own rules on just about everything, hard to see it being a universal thing, could see some states doing it, but who would mandate all states take this action? just my thinking Happy Trails.

·
Hunter
6,184 Posts
john hartsoe said:
I would think, fiction, each state has its own rules on just about everything, hard to see it being a universal thing, could see some states doing it, but who would mandate all states take this action? just my thinking Happy Trails.
I think we are talking about Kentucky here

·
3,321 Posts
SPECIALIZED said:
I think we are talking about Kentucky here
OH OK

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the answer and it is truth....proposed to start in the 2015-2016 season. Anyone over the age of 65 will be allowed use of crossbow the entire archery season. Not set in stone just yet but a small step forward from what we have now.

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Call the people making the decisions and voice your opinion....if you want change you must get involved. You can be sure those opposed to this limited inclusion will!

·
378 Posts
IMHO - Ky needs to have full inclusion as was passed (and unterhandldly bypassed using back door tactics) nothing the UBK said would happen has , I'm sure they knew it then . KDFWR needs to pass it again And stick with it this time around

·
521 Posts
KY makes me ill ! :bad:
Don't know why they can't go full inclusion :excl:
I remember when they passed it but then repealed it due to the vertical crybabies. :angry:

Reactions: LarryB49

·
2,708 Posts
It passed full inclusion at age 65 for the 2015 - 16 season.

Reactions: Tim50

·
2,708 Posts
Tim50 said:
Good news....It's a start! NOW you have your foot in the door push for full inclusion.
your right it is a start. But most people I know that is 65 are retired and disabled so they can get a permit with there DR. Signature anyway. So really it's a slap in the face. But that's how it is they try to appease the pocket book holders and give us the impression it's to our benefit. My dad always said don't pee down my leg and try to convince me it's raining. I do believe though with in the next couple years we will see full inclusion because crossbow are becoming more and more popular by the day. Shoot man they even show the "and I use this term loosely" Pro's hunting with them. All we can do it keep up the fight.

Reactions: Tim50

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Agreed...Keep up the fight. The anti crossbow types will do anything to put off inclusion! Over 65 is a slap BUT it has people thinking/talking possible inclusion. People will see al the lies the anti's have been dishing out....shorter seasons, decimating the herd, hunters behind every tree...and realize the crossbow is just another archery weapon and the sky will not fall with inclusion. The anti's need to realize the deer herd is a public resource that is for ALL residents not just the selfish few who refuse to share the resource & woods with fellow archers! Hang in there & keep fighting the fight!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts