Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will any AR style buttstock fit on the KI crossbows fitted with one? If so is the "buffer tube" attachment point commercial or Mil spec size.
Sitting here at work without access to to the crossbow and cannot seem to find any info on the actual dimensions anywhere

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I'm not a fan of the buttstock on my Burner 415. I can't figure out how it's happening but it keeps ending up shorter. I think I may be bumping the lever during cocking but haven't caught myself doing it so I'm not sure. I think a different style with the adjustment lever in a different location might fix my issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I'm not a fan of the buttstock on my Burner 415. I can't figure out how it's happening but it keeps ending up shorter. I think I may be bumping the lever during cocking but haven't caught myself doing it so I'm not sure. I think a different style with the adjustment lever in a different location might fix my issue.
I wasn't going to reply to my own thread until I changed mine out but I found out that yes the AR stocks will work and as measured it seems that they would need to be commercial and not milspec.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I've changed a few butt stocks on the CenterPoint products that are tactical and the only issue I've encountered is that sometimes the pin size or pin length is not perfect to match the milspec tube and the adjustment/setting may not hold. Something to verify on a new butt set if you can.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just a follow up on this, I verified that my butt stock was moving during the shot. I could duplicate the problem by bumping the stock (even gently) with the weight of the crossbow bearing down on it. It would easily hop over the index holes. Contacted KI support and they sent me a new one, which had the same problem. I measured and mine is mil-spec dimensions. Tried the one from my M&P15 (mil-spec as well) on the crossbow and it fits fine and stays put. Ordered a generic mil-spec M4 stock for it which ended up being near identical to the one on the M&P. Fits snug, stays put and feels more comfortable to shoot. People with shorter arms might not like it though because it's about the same length now fully collapsed as the other stock was fully extended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts