Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I´d like to ask some experienced shooters if they have ever tried a recurve crossbow made by Hori-zone. I just havent found any reviews or oppinions about their 3 available crossbows: Hori-zone Rage Elite, Hori-zone Rage X or Hori-zone Special Ops. Do you think they can perform well for target shooting in terms of durability, long lifetime and accuracy? I am totally new to crossbows, I am trying to choose one new crossbow which would work well for only amateur target shooting. I just can not decide wheather I should by one of these 3 crossbows from Hori-zone or the Centerpoint Tyro crossbow. Thanks

·
269 Posts
I guess you are wondering about the way the string attaches to the limb tips I wonder also , I would think the hori-zone looks to be a better bow . If you are just shoot on private land and not at a club ether bow would be fine , I think clubs have power limits on bows . if you want to shoot very accurate lower power is better but I would say the biggest thing for accuracy is quality arrows . very good arrows and an average bow will give better results than a very good bow and average arrows that's what I think .I have a few bows if I never had a single bow and was getting a bow for the fist time for fun I would get the hori-zone stuff . this is just my opinion .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I appreciate your answer, I´d like to shoot only for fun, no club or competition, yes I already have seen on the internet hundreds of xbows and facts about them and I realize that good arrows are really important for good accuracy , I havent decided yet which I will buy, now I am thinking of buying some of the 4 xbows (centerpoint tyro and the 3 recurve ones from horizone), now I am just collecting data about them and I think I will decide for one of them in the next one maybe two weeks and then I maybe will make some kind of review or rating about my experiences with the one I have chosen.

I am a little bit wondering about the mechanism of the string attachment to the limbs, maybe I am afraid of the fact, that in the case of hori-zone the xbow comes already with attached string and I guess if it is attached there is a little of tension on the limbs and maybe it might weaken the limbs over time, but this is only my guess. I am seriosly thinking about Hori-zone Rage Elite because off the higher draw weight but this a little bit crazy attachment of the string makes me worried a little bit.

·
269 Posts
the Centerpoint Tyro looks to be a stronger bow because it is a simple design but the only way to find out is to see the bows side by side and knowledge of someone . does the Centerpoint Tyro come with a scope if it is a good scope that will also help to push your choice . also how well made are the trigger mechanism
and both of the bows will have a little bit sloppy trigger pull because there will be a link between the trigger blade and the trigger ,mechanism .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, as you have written that the hori-zone looks better for you I think it looks better for me also.
I think that there isn't some really big difference in quality, performance etc. between them so I think that wheather i buy centerpoint or horizone it will do the job, Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi I have one it's a good little bow for target shooting I think my one shoots at 265fps but mine is an Armex skorpion swat edition. I bought here in the UK for under 100gbp. And that was my first ever xbow and used it for target shooting in the garden. It was deadly accurate out to 30yrdsu didn't try it past that but its a good starter bow. It's kind of a hybrid with recurve limbs that have little rollers on the end.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think Armex was the name sold in the UK and hori-zone was sold everywhere else but its a capable little xbow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Armex Scorpion came with everything for under 100gbp. Scope cocker and lube I bought a spare string for it and have never need it mine is the 175lbs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts