Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, its hard for me to explain ,
Take a look yourself from the pics...
Iv seen most cables underneath the rail opposite side than mine, then again some that are the same way as mine... Left side cables are uncrossed, and Right side cables are crossed...is it right = ?
Is it correct, because i don`t think i can do anything about it...Just confused a bit as this is my first crossbow and i don`t want anything to go wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Sorry, its hard for me to explain ,
Take a look yourself from the pics...
Iv seen most cables underneath the rail opposite side than mine, then again some that are the same way as mine... Left side cables are uncrossed, and Right side cables are crossed...is it right = ?
Is it correct, because i don`t think i can do anything about it...Just confused a bit as this is my first crossbow and i don`t want anything to go wrong.
Thanks in advance.
The idea is to have the cables cross and have the least pressure at the crossing point. You accomplish that by making sure the top cable is in the deepest groove of the cable slide.

In the picture below that cable is the back one and it's in the deeper groove of the cable slide and the cables cross on the right side of the rail.
LSGuide2.jpg

In this case the cables cross on the left side of the rail and it's the front cable and the cable slide was installed with the deeper slot up front.
LSGuide3.jpg

Reactions: Stalker

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
My compound crossbow model is - CenterPoint archery HEAT 415
This cable/slide design is the same for the Sniper, Spectre, Dagger, Amped, Patriot and Heat crossbows.

·
Registered
9,367 Posts
The idea is to have the cables cross and have the least pressure at the crossing point. You accomplish that by making sure the top cable is in the deepest groove of the cable slide.

In the picture below that cable is the back one and it's in the deeper groove of the cable slide and the cables cross on the right side of the rail.
View attachment 169940

In this case the cables cross on the left side of the rail and it's the front cable and the cable slide was installed with the deeper slot up front.
View attachment 169942
X2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts